Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questionaire for a paper Im writing
18 June 2013, 20:56,
RE: Questionaire for a paper Im writing
Interesting, I'm not sure how microwaves did something like that did the car work again if moved away from the line of radiation?
Back on topic, this is just my initial thoughts but perhaps if said circuitry was in direct line with the energetic particles or are of the easiest route to the surface then it could be something like what happens to satellites when a high energy particle comes into contact with it - it penetrates the surface and deposits a large amount of charge which can proceed to overload the circuit or cause: an electrical upset in a switch, a false command, or changing/deleting the memory in the satellite
18 June 2013, 21:45,
The problem with the Gov asking all those questions is that they get too many false positives. I'm more inclided to take occams razoe and think someone thought these were relevent to a solar form and their work has just cascaded especially since solar storms are back in the news.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 June 2013, 22:29,
By that I assume you mean to use the simpler thought/theory? Sorry I don't use terminology much :/.
Anyway they shouldn't be in the news for much longer, we should technically be at both the peak of 11 and 22 year cycles - the same conditions of the Carrington event of 1859. 154 year difference which is a multiple of 11 and 22. Albeit I think the sun's polarity was different; don't quote me on that; however most don't think it has much effect on the magnitude of a solar storm.