Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More power madness
9 March 2013, 12:21,
More power madness
I know there has been another thread about power shortages but I thought this elaborates further as to why it will be such an issue. I think this should be filed under "You couldn't make it up". The current scenario is insane as it is, our biggest coal fired power station importing coal whilst sitting next to a huge closed coal mine. The new scenario just beggars belief, cutting down trees in America to transport them across to burn here. I'm no scientist but how that can be construed as energy and fuel efficient is beyond my realm of understanding. I'm pretty sure trees can't grow as fast as you burn them, not to mention the lunacy of transporting it all.
If you weren't worried about future power cuts you sure as hell should be now.
Power to the people!
9 March 2013, 14:02,
RE: More power madness
Best we can do is stock up on candles, warm clothing & alternative cooking & heating methods. Camping gaz cooker & calor gas heaters are my plan. You can get the cookers with the disposable gas cartridges but they aren't very cost effective for long term use (which sadly I think we're gonna have to do).
9 March 2013, 14:09,
This whole "biomass" thing really bugs me,

i'm not getting into the whole "global warming" discussion here, but i seriously think we'd be better growing more trees (of all varieties)

growing more trees and letting them do thier stuff, lets keep burning coal, but leave the trees standing for now!
9 March 2013, 14:15,
What I can't understand is when the local councils plant trees, instead of using trees that "look pretty", why not plant fruit trees. Apples, pears, plums, cherries. All can grow in our climate (not sure about far north) & would give people free food for those who wanted it. At least we would get a decent return on our council tax Smile
9 March 2013, 14:51,
The council seem to be hacking and slashing everything in the local park
9 March 2013, 15:04,
I wrote to the council a few years ago asking why they couldn't do this. I'm still waiting for a reply.
9 March 2013, 16:41,
Would anyone bet against the government going full circle and re-opening coal mines in 10 years time (once we've all suffered enough)?
Power to the people!
9 March 2013, 17:17, (This post was last modified: 9 March 2013, 18:14 by Luci_ferson.)
(9 March 2013, 12:21)Wolfiesmith Wrote: I know there has been another thread about power shortages but I thought this elaborates further as to why it will be such an issue. I think this should be filed under "You couldn't make it up". The current scenario is insane as it is, our biggest coal fired power station importing coal whilst sitting next to a huge closed coal mine. The new scenario just beggars belief, cutting down trees in America to transport them across to burn here. I'm no scientist but how that can be construed as energy and fuel efficient is beyond my realm of understanding. I'm pretty sure trees can't grow as fast as you burn them, not to mention the lunacy of transporting it all.
If you weren't worried about future power cuts you sure as hell should be now.

maybe they know theres gonna be a shortage, so what theyre doing is buying other peoples fuel whilst the money still has a value.(crash)
then after Teotwawki , england is still okey cos were sitting on a huge pile of coal that we never used.
maybe tptb are prepping too. (just a thought)

that would make too much sense and were not used to our gov. doing that.
most magic tricks are just a case of sleight of hand and fooling the observer into seing something else.

weve got extremely fertile growing land because its been resting for years , ever since the gov. opaid the farmers not to grow, and bought in imports.

maybe was that deliberate too.

money is useless after tshtf, but fuel and fertile soil are priceless.

ahh but they would need workers. people who work for nothing more than a roof and a meal.

oh yeah theyre importing them now.

funnily enough all from countries where life is difficult, and most are used to having no electricity.
and they often work all day in fields just to feed themselves.

most are from countries colder than ours too, poland russia, romania.

i love coincidences, they make great conspiracies

is TPTB prepping ?

you bet your life it is.

when civil war breaks out in a country , the gov likes to make sure theyve got some one their side.
easiest way is import them and give them everything they want.
why would you fight a gov. thats given you everything you want and only ever made your life better.

oh poop i just realised that was technically classed as a rant,
even though it was technically about prepping (wether gov is or isnt)

still a rant is a rant, so off to my naughty corner.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
14 March 2013, 20:16,
TPTB is/are prepping like mad - no way do those people want to be "The Powers That Were". Besides, as far as I know, torches, pitchforks, and tar and feathers are still legal in the UK.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
14 March 2013, 20:23,
Our political class are really stooges.
I'd love to know who is pulling their strings.