Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long do you need
9 March 2013, 16:55,
How long do you need
ok ive just been checking through my plans (i do it regularly)
and looking at my building plans etc.
list of things I need or would ideally have etc.
Looking at my plans, it will take me around 6 months to get everything exactly how i want it, however ive been stuck in the house for 4 days now because of rain so this will delay more.

my question is this.

a lot of you are fully prepped and ready to go, some of us arent.
were all at different stages of what we would ideally like.

how long do you reckon it would take you to get to a stage where you would consider yourselves prepped.

and how do you think you would cope with just what youve already got done if teotwawki happened today

personally id be knackered.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
9 March 2013, 17:25,
RE: How long do you need
Im never going to be fully prepared, so much to do and learn. But if an event occured today im 99% more prepared than most people.
9 March 2013, 17:38, (This post was last modified: 9 March 2013, 17:41 by Luci_ferson.)
hope to get to that stage in 6 months. but its probably gonna be more like 10 to a year.

the more i look at my things to do , the more i realise its totally dependant on us getting a good summer, and we rarely do.
9 March 2013, 17:44,
I agree with Metroyeti ,seems its never enough, my goal is to have a years food on hand for whole family. realistically i think we're about 4months plus what we can hunt/gather/scavenge/grow. we add a little at a time buying items when on special offer.

do the best you can. try to make things yourself and buy used equipment.
9 March 2013, 17:47, (This post was last modified: 9 March 2013, 17:48 by Luci_ferson.)
ive had food pretty well covered for a while now.
and my home is sorted for if we can stay here so thats not a prob.
but il feal a lot better when alotment and bugout is sorted properly i like to have more than one option. things dont always turn out as planned.

i dont see staying at home being a good option for very long.
9 March 2013, 19:43,
i agree with your assesment, so IMHO the next step is planning where you go, whats the plan once there, etc.

your right things dont always go as planned, but you need a starting point. a general idea of what you want to do
9 March 2013, 19:45,
got that sorted, but it needs building, and the weather seems to be against me.
snow at this time of year, whod have guessed it.
9 March 2013, 20:20,
You will find....there,s always something to get or to cover...or upgrade...but if you plan your work and work your plan ...you will get there sooner than you think, small meaningfull steps advances you faster
9 March 2013, 20:42,
If an event happened tomorrow, we would all be in the s**t, its just that some of us are still deeper in it than others,..Smile,... the planning will never be complete because it evolves as it goes along, new ideas, change of plan or threat, using some of the older stuff and having to replace it

Where would we be if it happened tomorrow?,.. well, not bad, would like a few more months of food storage,...if I lived in a city, then I think I would need to be doing a lot more, but for our location we are getting there
A major part of survival is invisibility.
9 March 2013, 20:54,
(9 March 2013, 16:55)Luci_ferson Wrote: ive been stuck in the house for 4 days now because of rain

We are planning for TEOTWAWKI and your stuck in because of rain. I apologise but it had me ROFL.

If hat was literal and you couldn't get to the shops to buy some beans or something then it'll take you 100 years to prep with rain being as it is in the UK.

Smile
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin