Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Samick SKB added!
9 March 2013, 21:37,
Samick SKB added!
Housemate is into hie longbows so I decided to find a bow that suits me.
I found the Samick SKB in the rack at Quicks and was sold. It's light weight, strong, quick and man it packs a punch.
At only £110 it was a steal too!
Beautiful feel to it and for a 40-50lb bow it's surprisingly easy to draw.
Housemate is well jealous!! Shame they're ceasing production.

I fire 5/16" 31" wooden arrows from it into our home made tarpauline 'pillow' rammed full of shopping carrier bags. Amazing.

http://samicksports.com/h_skb.html

I've seen a couple of posts about hunting recurve/horse bows so thought I'd share.

Tez
18 March 2013, 17:45, (This post was last modified: 18 March 2013, 17:46 by Scythe13.)
RE: Samick SKB added!
That looks like a damn sexy bow mate.

How are you finding it?

What are you doing for an arrow rest? I assume you're using a finger rest style technique?

If you are using that style for an arrow rest, how are you finding fletchings/flights on your skin?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
19 March 2013, 10:22,
Well done on buying a great little bow. My wife shoots the same bow, and I had one years ago. I haven't got a bad thing to say about this bow, as for the money it is spot on. I can't believe they are phasing it out. The only thing I would consider putting on this bow is a set of string silencers as when braced correctly it does tend to sound like a tuning fork when shot, and they will quieten the bow down.
22 March 2013, 21:11,
I use my hand as an arrow rest as it's so thin that there's not a lo of options. In cold weather it really slices up your hand so I just slip on a glove and I can keep shooting with no pain.
It's amazing to shoot with and very accurate. Easy to store due to size and as you say V sexy.

I'm planning on fitting some string silencers as what you say is true TH. Sounds mean when released.