Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family Life
11 March 2013, 14:18, (This post was last modified: 11 March 2013, 14:22 by Luci_ferson.)
RE: Family Life
only people that know I prep is my mother as of last week, and my OHs cousin, who i was hoping would have the sense to prep. (he didnt)
Now i just pack a few extra bits n bobs, (filters etc) no extra food , so if anyone comes needing food its a case of sorry but got none.
if they need a thermal blanket, or some puri tabs or something thats about all ive got spare.

sounds harsh but they live in the same world I do, they see the same things I do, they buy ipads and cheap holidays to istan-wherever , i dont.
they dont share their ipads and holidays, i'm sure I cant afford to buy stock for them.

like i say il help if i can with a few basics, but food is strictly for a very select few. (People who have been there when I needed them)

sounds selfish when i read it back, but i got to think of the people who matter most , and thats my kids.

obviously if at a future date, my allotment is doing well, and theres food spare, things would change.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
11 March 2013, 14:26,
DONT start giving out food to other people...especially the ones you havent prepped for, they will only shorten the time span your stored food will last for, if they havent stored any food themselves then sod em! they had the choice they chose foreign holidays and Ipads instead. at the end of the day your duty( and mine) is to your/our immediate family and no one else.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 March 2013, 14:48,
I prep for me, daughter, wife and mum. I have tried to talk to my brother, but he has no interest. Has 4 kids depending on him, but sees no reason to invest even a little in extra food. my biggest problem now is he lives 3 blocks away, has 6 mouths to feed, and knows i prep. lucky for me, he has no weapons, and doesnt know how to use any.

in the past i have spoken to friends and not one has been receptive to teaming up - meaning share the load. Just want to sponge off us. Luckily none of these folks know our address. I dont mention it to people anymore as most think your some kind of wacko.

i agree with big paul.
11 March 2013, 15:06, (This post was last modified: 11 March 2013, 15:09 by Luci_ferson.)
Love the comment about the wacko, its perfectly true, I try not to mention it now, not worth the strange looks. if your not talking about im a celebrity or the new xbox peoples brains seem to overheat.
theres an entire generation of people out there who think facebook is an operating system and its the only thing a computer can do.
show them it gos to newspapers and allsorts and they look at you like your daft. as though your just used their hairtongs to stir your tea.

I dont care that mr whatever his name is down the streets daughter has just used potty for first time. or that mrs howsherfather has just got a new contract phone and heres my number for the whole world to see.
im sure its them thats nuts.
11 March 2013, 15:11,
well, thats the sort who will go the way of the dinosaur WTSHTF, so dont worry about it, just feel sorry for them!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 March 2013, 15:22,
its them that worry me the most, what are they gonna be like when they actually wake up, and come out of their electronically induced comas.
it will be like the dead walking the earth.
11 March 2013, 15:24,
(11 March 2013, 15:22)Luci_ferson Wrote: its them that worry me the most, what are they gonna be like when they actually wake up, and come out of their electronically induced comas.
it will be like the dead walking the earth.

ah....ZOMBIES!!!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin just remember to keep a sharp machette in your pack so you can chop the heads off!!TongueTongue
11 March 2013, 15:25, (This post was last modified: 11 March 2013, 15:27 by Luci_ferson.)
ive even seen them doing their shopping on their phones now/
they just phot the barcode, and it logs it in to the app and adds it up
dont they realise the app isnt for their benefits.
its not a simple calculator.
its data gathering, finding out everything your buying and then selling your details to companies that you may find interesting .

non so blind as them who wont listen
11 March 2013, 20:21,
so we log onto the internet and talk about it on a survival forum

but we should not buy a few tins of beans at reduced price online?

They can track my groceries if they like, most tracking is for inventory purposes and I do hate it when they run out of my favorite icecream.
11 March 2013, 20:23,
few tins at reduced prices, everytime thyre on ofer i grab as many as i can carry.
beans are a great superfood.
you can live off them for years. unless your in a space ship lol