Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The threat is [a long slow deterioration in living standards]
17 November 2011, 21:12,
RE: The threat is [a long slow deterioration in living standards]
It could be said that "the long slow deterioration in living standards" really got underway in 2008 and that we are, at the moment, experiencing 'an event'.
My family unit has its choices made for it by age, medical conditions, static income (at best). We will have remain as alert to possibilities as we are able, try to absorb newer thought processes and adapt with what we already know and can do.
As things stand just now 'staying put' is our best option - making the place more secure where we can - building up supplies when the finances allow and generally keeping a low profile.
I have to thank all the contributors to this forum and the associated site for their thoughts as shared because this has enabled me to get to grips with things and get a more focussed perspective of where my family are right now and what the future holds if I do not do what needs to be done. Better to be prepared for something that might not happen than to be up the proverbial creek minus the paddle.
Best wishes to you all - keep the thoughts flowing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The threat is..... - by Kenneth Eames - 15 November 2011, 01:48
RE: The threat is..... - by Skvez - 15 November 2011, 11:43
RE: The threat is..... - by mikebratcher69 - 16 November 2011, 10:26
RE: The threat is..... - by NorthernRaider - 15 November 2011, 12:51
RE: The threat is..... - by bigpaul - 16 November 2011, 14:47
RE: The threat is..... - by NorthernRaider - 16 November 2011, 15:37
RE: The threat is..... - by Skean Dhude - 15 November 2011, 13:03
RE: The threat is..... - by Bald Carl - 15 November 2011, 20:28
RE: The threat is [a long slow deterioration in living standards] - by iaaems - 17 November 2011, 21:12