Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The threat is [a long slow deterioration in living standards]
13 August 2014, 21:14,
RE: The threat is [a long slow deterioration in living standards]
(13 August 2014, 08:57)NorthernRaider Wrote: What is going on its both sides are sucking the life out of their economies for their own SIGS and the general population are paying the price. The decline I think will continue until its been sucked dry by which time the rich, powerful, influential will have all moved into safe, secure, well guarded communities where they will be insulated for the mess they created.

In this case its not us going off topic and arguing party politics, its all of us realising its politics that is the threat we face and I think most of us on the forums are now realising there is nothing we can do about the politics, all we can do is to prep like mad to try and protect our families from the mess the politics have created.

NR, spot on. There are very few politicians who genuinely want to help the British "man in the street", most are intent on stuffing the pockets of their peers or pursuing some impractical ideological nonsense.

IMHO the biggest threat we face is from our own leaders, both sides have been trashing the economy for decades, we simply cannot afford to look after our old people or run a national health service.

I'm in my early fifties, I know there will be no state pension for me. I think that life will get a lot harder for most people and my prepping is focused on being able to provide a lower, but sufficient, standard of living for my family. I know that the Govt will steal much of my produce, but I would rather be the man producing the food and having it confiscated than the man waiting for a corrupt system to hand it out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The threat is..... - by Kenneth Eames - 15 November 2011, 01:48
RE: The threat is..... - by Skvez - 15 November 2011, 11:43
RE: The threat is..... - by mikebratcher69 - 16 November 2011, 10:26
RE: The threat is..... - by NorthernRaider - 15 November 2011, 12:51
RE: The threat is..... - by bigpaul - 16 November 2011, 14:47
RE: The threat is..... - by NorthernRaider - 16 November 2011, 15:37
RE: The threat is..... - by Skean Dhude - 15 November 2011, 13:03
RE: The threat is..... - by Bald Carl - 15 November 2011, 20:28
RE: The threat is [a long slow deterioration in living standards] - by Steve - 13 August 2014, 21:14