Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The threat is [a long slow deterioration in living standards]
14 August 2014, 07:29,
RE: The threat is [a long slow deterioration in living standards]
I have to conclude that no system is perfect.
The current set up is all about 'business' and Mr. Greed is the M.D..
As far as us 'commoners' are concerned, our top man was educated at Eton and his most likely successor was also educated at Eton if you want to believe what some of the papers' are publishing.
Personally I will just keep on the straight and narrow, keeping a low profile and doing what I think is best for me and mine. If I should meet up with like minded folks then co-operation will kick in rather than confrontation.
It has been said that the 'boomer generation' (and I appear to be a member) have had things all their own spoiled way. If you choose to believe that then I firmly believe you will believe virtually anything. What my other half and I have achieved over the years has been done by sheer honest hard graft and living within our means and being as self sufficient as we can be. We will continue in that vein.
Pleasing to see that this thread has sprung back into life - I would guess that this is what the forum is really for anyway - gives us the chance to ponder on what has actually happened and comment on it all.
Yes - living standards have definitely deteriorated as indeed have attitude standards, sadly. By that I mean that I observe that the 'younger generation' seem to very aggressive and angry and confrontational.
Each to their own.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The threat is..... - by Kenneth Eames - 15 November 2011, 01:48
RE: The threat is..... - by Skvez - 15 November 2011, 11:43
RE: The threat is..... - by mikebratcher69 - 16 November 2011, 10:26
RE: The threat is..... - by NorthernRaider - 15 November 2011, 12:51
RE: The threat is..... - by bigpaul - 16 November 2011, 14:47
RE: The threat is..... - by NorthernRaider - 16 November 2011, 15:37
RE: The threat is..... - by Skean Dhude - 15 November 2011, 13:03
RE: The threat is..... - by Bald Carl - 15 November 2011, 20:28
RE: The threat is [a long slow deterioration in living standards] - by iaaems - 14 August 2014, 07:29