Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pandemic
11 March 2013, 10:19,
Pandemic
During the last bird flu breakout, I started making some survival notes for my children and grand children and eventually created a web site for them. Since the expected pademic has not yet happened, I never got around to publishing it's existence. The site is called Influenza UK and can be found at .... http://bbirdfluuk.runboard.com/ .

If H5N1 and H1N1 exchange DNA then it will become an enormous game changer. The mortality rate for the last outbreak was over 60%, but it was very difficult to catch in the first place. An H5N1 / H1N1 DNA exchange could mean that the virus could be highly contagious, with the same mortality rate.

The last outbreak differed greatly from the 1918 strain that ended World War 1. That outbreak killed between 20 -40 million people world wide, mainly young adults. The current mutation kills mainly the young with the highest mortality rate among infants and then tapers off to insignificant figures for a 40 year old adult. If you have small children it might be worth browsing the site because it will be extremely difficult to protect them. Children below 3 years cannot wear respirators because their lungs are not powerful enough to overcome the breathing resistance of the filter. The government has already stated that they have no intention of issuing infant respirator cots as happened during World War II. So your infants only hope is what you do about it !.

Bugout as we know it, will be not be possible, because the authorities will impose quarantines and curfews, backed up by the police, army and foreign mercenries. Also if you were hiding out in the woods how would you get any new medication that would automatically be issued to registered people bugging in ?. How are you going to get government issues of food ?. Logic decrees that no-one will be allowed to roam around spreading a virus and the restrictions to stop that will be enforced by the bullet.

Is there anything that can be done to improve your chances ?. I think the first thing is to understand the nature of the beast and how it kills. If you get that far, then decontamination and positive pressure masks start to have some meaning.

I have not updated this site since I created it, but the content remains valid. Maybe it will help someone.
11 March 2013, 11:34,
RE: Pandemic
I'll look at you site when I get time but my view is that we could improvise infant respirators and that would solve that issue. getting into them before it is too late is more of an issue though.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
11 March 2013, 12:13,
if there is a pandemic we are going into "isolation" mode, staying away from other people, we've got enough food to last 6 months possibly longer if we use "portion control"!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 March 2013, 12:41,
The virus can remain active for over 6 weeks, particularly in damp conditions.

Staying away from other people may be only part of a solution, as anything delivered must be regarded as contaminated and has to be de-contaminated with 10% bleach and all the UK super markets only sell concentrations below 5%. Not one single UK supermarket recommend their bleach for purifying water because of the additives.
11 March 2013, 12:48,
(11 March 2013, 12:41)JohnKent Wrote: The virus can remain active for over 6 weeks, particularly in damp conditions.

Staying away from other people may be only part of a solution, as anything delivered must be regarded as contaminated and has to be de-contaminated with 10% bleach and all the UK super markets only sell concentrations below 5%. Not one single UK supermarket recommend their bleach for purifying water because of the additives.

when i say isolation i mean TOTAL isolation...NO visitors/ the door dosent get opened...period!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 March 2013, 13:42,
Look into commercial antibacterial sanitizer spray & wipes.

Kills 99.999% of germs. For the 0.001% that get through, you'll have to take a chance Smile
11 March 2013, 13:51, (This post was last modified: 11 March 2013, 13:56 by Prepper1.)
(11 March 2013, 10:19)JohnKent Wrote: new medication that would automatically be issued to registered people bugging in ?. How are you going to get government issues of food ?
Ha ha ha ha great article BUT issues of food?
AND medication?

Maybe forced vacinations and TAKE your food....

thats the best laugh I've had in ages... food supplies......hahhahahahahah.TongueTongueTongue
Have you thought John that any outbreak may not be natural and they may WANT you to get it....

overpopulated planet that we are...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
11 March 2013, 14:04,
(11 March 2013, 13:51)Prepper1 Wrote: Ha ha ha ha great article BUT issues of food?
AND medication?

Maybe forced vacinations and TAKE your food....

thats the best laugh I've had in ages... food supplies......hahhahahahahah.TongueTongueTongue
Have you thought John that any outbreak may not be natural and they may WANT you to get it....

overpopulated planet that we are...
the govt does NOT have any food stocks of its own, the very least they will do in an emergency is EXPECT the supermarkets to supply the food!
11 March 2013, 14:05,
We have not had conscription in Uk, for many years now but there is provision in law for it, during an 'emergency'. The latest version is The Civil Contingencies Act of 2004, which loosely interpreted means that if 'they' declare an emergency citizens rights are suspended for the duration.

What does this really mean ?. Well, one can expect the casualty rate among the police and army to be about the same as for civillans and there are not going to be enough left on their feet to control the civillian populace. This shortfall will probably be rectified by importing foreign mercenries. Their plan is that Law and order will prevail ... at any cost.

One way to keep the populace quiet is to make sure that water, electricity, gas, telephnes etc ... continue to work .... despite an estimated 60% reduction in able bodied manpower. In any urban area there will be thousands of bodies to be disposed of every day and the security services will be too busy to do it. Supermarkets and other public places will have to be closed to prevent the virus spreading, so how do the unprepared get their food and medication ?. The answer in both cases is conscription of able bodied civillians. Those who have previously caught the virus and survived will be especially sort after to care for the infected, since they will be immune until the next mutation.

There is nothing new with this and the last time it happened was in 1947, when all able bodied men in the fens had to turn out in the storm to fill sandbags.
11 March 2013, 14:11,
with the attitude of the modern 21st Century population, NO ONE will turn up even if they are conscripted, and there wont be enough Army or Police to enforce it, nice try, but we are definitely on our own here, dont expect the govt to come running to the rescue like the 7th Cavalry cos it aint gonna happen!Undecided