Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OPSEC:and the dangers of people you thought were like minded.
11 March 2013, 19:25,
OPSEC:and the dangers of people you thought were like minded.
http://www.survivalblog.com/2013/03/opse...izona.html
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 March 2013, 19:40,
RE: OPSEC:and the dangers of people you thought were like minded.
No real surprise there. Sounds like he was doing the right thing by finding out now rather than later.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
11 March 2013, 19:46,
I am now very cautious what i say of late...i did try to tell some friends BUT got a strange look ....you know the normal stuff..so now i say sweet FA ...even if they approach me directly...this site has changed my view...for the better ...hardened up a fair bit ...due to the opinions of people here, that makes more an more sense good post BP we need constant reminders ....no bad thing at all....its hard enough with close family i can tell you.
11 March 2013, 20:17,
thanks great article., one all preppers should read atleast once.
theres bound to be others like his so called friend
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
11 March 2013, 21:38,
I must admit that I tried to talk to people in a suttle way about prepping, the plan was that if I got a favorable response I would tell them that we were preppers,... as it happen I didn't get the right re ponce,..so know one knows about us,... I don't talk to people now

If I lived further south where the population is bigger, I would try and find groups from prepper sites,.. but I think that the days of trying to winkle ideas and suggestions into people, including friends is over

The problem is,.. those who have not prepped, even friends, will turn against you when their need is at its greatest
A major part of survival is invisibility.
11 March 2013, 21:45, (This post was last modified: 11 March 2013, 21:46 by I-K-E.)
I've not said anything to anybody and at the moment it's not going to change at the moment

may try at a later date once we get a bit more sorted

but we will be picking the questions very carefully
11 March 2013, 21:53,
after reading the above article id like to say.
1 im not a prepper i just really like talking to you guys
2 i have no stashed food or goods
3 i dont own an allotment
4 i love the conservatives and david cameron is the messiah
5 i want to be a proud european forever and ever.
6 what the hell is TEOTWAWKI is it when you sneeze and cough at the same time ?
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
11 March 2013, 22:15,
i just like to say im a good shot lol Smile

good post
bd
11 March 2013, 22:35,
Just read the article (definitely something to be aware of, though I think of less concern in the UK) when I realised the radio was playing Black Sabbath's Paranoid. Do you think the prepping gods are trying to tell me something.Confused
they laugh at us because we're different, we laugh at them because they're all the same
11 March 2013, 22:49,
I suppose in this modern consumer society it makes sense to just go and take what's already there instead of doing the hard work and preparing and learningConfused.Luckily i'm not sharing my thought's with the sheeple.And never underestimate the importance of being a good shotShy