Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snow bother AGAIN!!!
12 March 2013, 08:13,
Snow bother AGAIN!!!
Incase some of you missed it Smile the snow is causing chaos on the roads again. Reports of people being stuck in their cars for 10 HOURS!!!

A few simple precautions can make any delay a bit more comfortable.

Container of table salt. Not a large amount, I've got a 1kg bag in mine.
A small shovel
Spare warm clothing or a sleeping bag
Something to use the loo in. It's a long time to be stuck if you need the loo
Hi energy snack bars
Something to drink (ideally with a method of warming your drink).

Not meaning to sound like I'm preaching to anyone, more incase someone forgot or perhaps took the stuff out their car after the last cold spell.
12 March 2013, 14:03,
RE: Snow bother AGAIN!!!
this is why i dont normally use motorways, apart from the END of the nearest one is 30 miles away, was stuck on one for 2 hours once, once your stopped there is no way(unless your near an off ramp) you can get off the thing-your stuffed( remember that, if your BO route is via a motorway or dual carriageway), at least on minor roads you can turn around and find another route.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 March 2013, 14:07,
TEN HOURS!!!!!! That's a typical commute around London, isn't it? I used to drive for nearly that long on a regular basis. Taunton, up to Warrington, and back, in a day, total time, 9 hour drive.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
12 March 2013, 14:07,
(12 March 2013, 14:03)bigpaul Wrote: this is why i dont normally use motorways, apart from the END of the nearest one is 30 miles away, was stuck on one for 2 hours once, once your stopped there is no way(unless your near an off ramp) you can get off the thing-your stuffed( remember that, if your BO route is via a motorway or dual carriageway), at least on minor roads you can turn around and find another route.

I was stuck on the M25 for 9 hours once, following a massive pile up!
I got my BOB out of the van and kicked back on the verge enjoying my hot cooked food and Coffee! Mmmm!
I'd even packed a book to read,
Respect existence or expect resistance!
12 March 2013, 14:10,
but what a waste of time! 9 hours? i'm sure you had better things to do!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 March 2013, 14:21,
(12 March 2013, 14:10)bigpaul Wrote: but what a waste of time! 9 hours? i'm sure you had better things to do!Big Grin

True! but I coped better than everyone else. It amazed me how many people set off on long journeys with no food or drink in the car!
Respect existence or expect resistance!
12 March 2013, 14:38,
(12 March 2013, 14:21)Ghost Wrote:
(12 March 2013, 14:10)bigpaul Wrote: but what a waste of time! 9 hours? i'm sure you had better things to do!Big Grin

True! but I coped better than everyone else. It amazed me how many people set off on long journeys with no food or drink in the car!

thats nothing, you see em driving around here, heater full on and NO coat( not just not on NOT in the car!)they get out of the car in shirt sleeves.
12 March 2013, 14:49,
(12 March 2013, 14:07)Ghost Wrote: I was stuck on the M25 for 9 hours once, following a massive pile up!
I got my BOB out of the van and kicked back on the verge enjoying my hot cooked food and Coffee! Mmmm!

Good work mate.

I was caught on the motorway coming back from Blackpool for 4.5 hours, because some idiot was threatening to jump off a bridge 3 miles down. Both sides of the motorway were closed!

There was only 1 solution I could figure out......get all the builders and boy racers around and see who had a football. Ever played football on the motorway? I can proudly say, I have.....even though I hate football, the novelty made is brilliant!

Also, had a load of food because I was working for Nestle at the time. Told my boss I went to the toilet and someone had stolen 4 boxes of chocolates haha. I never went around with boxes of chocolate asking people if they wanted any.... ;-) haha
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
12 March 2013, 16:15, (This post was last modified: 12 March 2013, 16:16 by Geordie_Rob.)
(12 March 2013, 14:38)bigpaul Wrote: thats nothing, you see em driving around here, heater full on and NO coat( not just not on NOT in the car!)they get out of the car in shirt sleeves.

It's crackers isn't it. Winter & going out with 1 thin layer on. Is it any wonder people freeze to death. Idiots, plain & simple.

(12 March 2013, 14:07)Ghost Wrote:
(12 March 2013, 14:03)bigpaul Wrote: this is why i dont normally use motorways, apart from the END of the nearest one is 30 miles away, was stuck on one for 2 hours once, once your stopped there is no way(unless your near an off ramp) you can get off the thing-your stuffed( remember that, if your BO route is via a motorway or dual carriageway), at least on minor roads you can turn around and find another route.

I was stuck on the M25 for 9 hours once, following a massive pile up!

Well done mate. Why suffer when you don't have to.
12 March 2013, 16:21,
(12 March 2013, 16:15)Geordie_Rob Wrote: It's crackers isn't it. Winter & going out with 1 thin layer on. Is it any wonder people freeze to death. Idiots, plain & simple.

they go from a centrally heated house, to the car-heater FULL on, to a centrally heated office or workplace,with just a shirt on, no wonder they get all the colds and flu going! can you imagine what will happen to them when the power goes off?