Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grenades
13 March 2013, 21:46,
Grenades
I just watched a video review of a reusable bb grenade where you have to refill the gas & replace the pellets to use it again. Then I thought how easily one could fill this with glass or nails or something else and it becomes a real weapon, which I would never do, of course. I think they could cause some real harm especially if you used more than one at a time, and give the person time to escape the situation, or defeat their enemy.
Also the smoke grenades could prove very useful in some situations.

Thought I'd throw it out there but I have no experience with these things so feel free to tell me how unpractical this is and that they're only good for airsoft if that's the case.
13 March 2013, 21:57,
RE: Grenades
I don't know a lot about BB guns,... but I would guess that providing that your ammo doesn't effect the barrel, that it would work ok,... certainly smoke is useful, as are loud noises, like thunderflashes.

Its not always about the harm they do to a person, its the harm that the person thinks might be caused,...and that period of hesitation is worth going for no matter how harmless your weapon really is
A major part of survival is invisibility.
13 March 2013, 21:59, (This post was last modified: 13 March 2013, 22:06 by Binnie.)
What your describing is an airsoft grenade

Unless the projectiles are 6mm bb's they won't work. Too much gas will blow by.

They are also notoriously hit or miss.

The airsoft flashbangs you can legally buy can slightly stun you. Buying you valuable seconds to make your retreat.

The smoke grenades you can buy can also clear a room. The smoke is very sulphuric and goes for your throat.

Tlsfx do the best airsoft pyro.

Sources: I spend a few quid on airsoft pyro, as I'm an active airsofter

Also, should point out, the best by far are tlsfx "thermobaric" multi bang grenades.

Airsoft guns are also very realistic, if I were to brandish mine in the local high street, I'd be looking at the business end of an armed response unit.

My replica pistols might be my ticket to a vehicle or some food etc should something of apocalyptic proportions happen.

Certainly an option.
13 March 2013, 22:38,
I think beardy or geordie rob had a thread about flashbangs. Not seen the bb grenades but they sound fun.
14 March 2013, 10:37,
I burnt half the skin off my hands making my own smoke grenades. Be very careful when messing with pyrotechnics, expecially the stuff that actually burns.
You can make fuses for pyros with short lengths of sparkler, which you then surround with matches tied on with an elastic band. Then you cut the striker off the match box and fold it over the matches, before securing the strike with another elastic band. You can then pull the striker off with a ring pull. As it's pulled off, it ignites the matches which ignites the sparkler.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
14 March 2013, 10:49,
Personally i have never used a thunderflash but i saw this video,If this went off next to you in a confined space surely it would mess your hearing up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDSQnu7THaA
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
14 March 2013, 10:54,
thunder flashes are cheep enough about£1:90 http://www.militaryinsurplus.co.uk/Airso...d_189.html

60 second smoke grenades cost £2:35 http://www.militaryinsurplus.co.uk/Airso...d_191.html

theres lso a lot of other stuff on the site http://www.militaryinsurplus.co.uk/airso...at_24.html
14 March 2013, 11:25,
not something i would use out of choice, i tend to go for the softly, quietly approach rather than the wham, bang, noisy one.Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 March 2013, 12:18,
Good point bp, it's certainly something that would cause unwanted attention - especially if you was using it to get away from somebody, you'd just be altering others to your location at the same time.. perhaps better used as a distraction
14 March 2013, 12:21,
(14 March 2013, 12:18)Melissa15 Wrote: Good point bp, it's certainly something that would cause unwanted attention - especially if you was using it to get away from somebody, you'd just be altering others to your location at the same time.. perhaps better used as a distraction

used as a last resort, maybe conbined with a smoke grenade just to get away from someone, would be a viable option i think!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.