• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it illegal?
22 March 2013, 21:50,
Is it illegal?
I carry a multi-tool.
Is it illgal as the knife blade locks?
22 March 2013, 21:56,
RE: Is it illegal?
(22 March 2013, 21:50)Nutmeg Wrote: I carry a multi-tool.
Is it illgal as the knife blade locks?

hello if the blade is 3inch or over then yes ,and the blade locks then yes ,but dont bring attention to your self and you should be ok but yes you will get nicked if the copper is having a bad day ,just dont wave it about hope that helps
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
22 March 2013, 22:26,
I agree,....if the blade is a locking blade then it is illegal, even if the blade length is ok, unless you have a reason for carrying it,... if you were camping for instance, you would be ok,... if you are down the pub for a pint, then you would be in trouble,.... if caught with it of course
A major part of survival is invisibility.
22 March 2013, 22:37,
IMO and coming from experience I really don't think you'd have a problem unless you used to threaten or harm other persons etc.
22 March 2013, 23:22,
A locking blade of any length is illegal, unless explainable as a work requirement/tool. Builders, roofers, farmers, and the alike, are all able to explain the reason they are carrying the lockable blade.

I'd opt for not being caught or getting any police attention in the first place. But to be fair, that's not too hard to do.

But, under strict rule of law, to the letter, unless you can explain why it was on your person, in direct regard to being a requirement of your job, then yes it is illegal.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
23 March 2013, 10:06,
Very homely girl at work carries a mid price leather man in her hand bag. I told her it was technically illegal but since she looks like a charming housewife who would be baking you a cake she wouldn't get us much crap for it as if it was me.

I was thinking of getting a sog power lock and taking out the blade.
23 March 2013, 10:13,
(23 March 2013, 10:06)Carnebwen Wrote: Very homely girl at work carries a mid price leather man in her hand bag. I told her it was technically illegal but since she looks like a charming housewife who would be baking you a cake she wouldn't get us much crap for it as if it was me.

I was thinking of getting a sog power lock and taking out the blade.

Even a screwdriver can be considered a weapon, if the police decide it is. Stupid hu?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
24 March 2013, 02:13,
If i got searched by the old bill where i live and they found a multi tool im getting nicked nice ehAngry
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
24 March 2013, 03:01,
You guys act as if getting tossed is a daily occurrance over there!
24 March 2013, 08:33,
(24 March 2013, 03:01)Mortblanc Wrote: You guys act as if getting tossed is a daily occurrance over there!

in some places it is! if your face, skin, age or gender dont fit!