Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What set up are you going with?
23 March 2013, 11:38,
What set up are you going with?
I am going with a 65 litre large rucksack, with a tent in winter and a hammock and tarp in summer. Accompanied with a snugpack response kit round my waist with the essentials in it. I think this is important because if you have to drop your main pack to distract a bull etc. Or it gets stolen, you still have enough to survive for three days (IF food and water is available naturally.) I also have a large cargo pack with the things that have been replaced in my my main BOB, and extra clothes, and some comfort items. The plain is to try and grab both....
What system are you a fan of and why?
23 March 2013, 11:51,
RE: What set up are you going with?
i'm a fan of bugging IN, thats where all our supplies are, we will only be bugging out if the situation is really DIRE, looting, mugging, arson or if the authorities(if they still exist) say we have to go to a "rescue centre", then we will leave and go to our BOL.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 March 2013, 11:53,
Hi mate I have a BOB like you but not many spare clothes as I rely on a decent set of goretex to keep dry, but I also have my EDC which literally goes every where in a small day sack and my pockets a snug pack response pack is a good idea if you have to ditch your BOB mine is always near by in the boot of my car with loads of other gear inc tools food water and first aid spare diesel torch etc
23 March 2013, 12:17,
I always carry a multi tool, a paracord bracelet, and a torch. A lighter would be a good idea too.
23 March 2013, 12:58,
(23 March 2013, 12:17)Dojo97 Wrote: I always carry a multi tool, a paracord bracelet, and a torch. A lighter would be a good idea too.
That's pretty mutch what I carry in my pockets to but I need to add a lighter
23 March 2013, 13:06,
we are a family of 3, we each have small backpacks with basic supplies to last 3 days. i make sure each pack has essentials like 2 knives, some cordage material, some food, a small metal container of some sort, water bottle,can opener, etc. i like to pack pencil and notepad in each one.

then we have larger military type bags with the "main supplies" in them. then the rest of food is packed in plastic bins.

if i notice things starting to go south, plan is to cache the plastic bins of food in multiple locations. the rest of the stuff we keep until we cant stay at home anymore, then we go mobile. find a good place to stash the large bags, that will be camp. could be indoors or out. then go off with our small packs to forage and eat. if we need to make fire to boil water or prepare food, planning on doing so far from base camp, do it as quick as possible, and get the hell out of there. dont take the same route twice
23 March 2013, 17:44,
We will be bugging in,.. we are remote enough that we dont see the need to leave the area where we know best.

But thats not to say we havent thought about the bugging out,..if it came to that we would probably head further into the wilds on the Quad [with trailer], and three German Shepherds each wearing their own backpacks
A major part of survival is invisibility.
23 March 2013, 22:35,
The most important item in your BOB is the plastic card that pays for the motel room!
23 March 2013, 23:22,
got no option than to bug in if something significant happens with a 2 year old things would have to get very bad to bug out
24 March 2013, 10:06,
(23 March 2013, 22:35)Mortblanc Wrote: The most important item in your BOB is the plastic card that pays for the motel room!

oh no! not you as well! this was the sort of reply i got on UKP and was the reason why i left....what if the motel is full, if all motels are full, your credit card wont do you any good then.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.