Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
silent walkiw talkie alarm
25 March 2013, 06:38,
silent walkiw talkie alarm
just a quick one, banks have silent alarms. wouldnt it b gr8 if u could have one for your bol? most two ways have a beep button for morse code. if u gaffer tape the transmitter in on walkie a. and put on the ground with the beep button facing up (to be used as a trigger for the alarm) and cover it with some rag and leaves ect. then take walkie b. back to your bol. if someone steps on walkie a. walkie b. will beep, allowing u to b one step ahead. now this has just popped into my head so any ideas, improvements ect. may the brainstorming comence.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
25 March 2013, 08:44,
RE: silent walkiw talkie alarm
I got given a alarm that hangs off my push bike.
You move my bike and my little key fob beeps and the bike howls.
Chinese from " Guangzong Zhengyu Bicycle Tyre Co. Ltd."
25 March 2013, 09:12,
You'd be better trying to develop some sort of pressure pad for that system.

A radio is quite small. The chances of a single foot hitting it are slim!
25 March 2013, 09:17, (This post was last modified: 25 March 2013, 09:19 by Lightspeed.)
Good idea.

I like the idea of rigging a PMR radio. You could extend the PTT bell button connectors and attach them to a pressure switch, trip wire etc. This would be effective over a good range and the radio could be permanently recharged using one of the small solar travel chargers that W&C discussed a while ago. Use of CTCSS or better still DCS codes on the transmission would reduce the chances of false alarms. Of course you could also talk back to the Alarm triggered radio, to tell the intruder to stop, or rig it so as to "trigger" a circuit when receiving an answering message. Ideally receiving handheld would have dual watch and scan capability so that you could monitor multiple alarm channels. Since last posting on comms threads I have been playing with TYT UV3r radios. They are excellent and would make a great receive station for this kind of application.

Also, what about wireless doorbells?

What about wired and wireless 12v powered burglar alarm systems. Could be rigged for multiple PIRs in different zones to ping the central controller. the 12v system might be possible to power using Solar charger.

(25 March 2013, 09:12)Binnie Wrote: You'd be better trying to develop some sort of pressure pad for that system.

A radio is quite small. The chances of a single foot hitting it are slim!

You're right Binnie. Pressure mats ( or strip out seatbelt and air bag activation mesh from car seats ) are available. Connected as a remote switch to the radio as described above, they'd work fine.

Great idea.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

25 March 2013, 10:21,
YAAAAAAY!!!!!!! LIGHTSPEED'S BACK!!!!!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
25 March 2013, 13:41,
(25 March 2013, 10:21)Scythe13 Wrote: YAAAAAAY!!!!!!! LIGHTSPEED'S BACK!!!!!!!

Hiya Sythe13.... is it me, or are you even more ebullient than before????????????????????? That poor new wife of yours... did she know what she was letting herself in for?!

Congratulations to you both on the house move.

Here plans all progressing nicely, this means lots of graft for me in the coming year, so I'll be an occasional visitor here.

Stay safe the pair of you.

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

25 March 2013, 13:51,
(25 March 2013, 13:41)Lightspeed Wrote:
(25 March 2013, 10:21)Scythe13 Wrote: YAAAAAAY!!!!!!! LIGHTSPEED'S BACK!!!!!!!
Hiya Sythe13.... is it me, or are you even more ebullient than before????????????????????? That poor new wife of yours... did she know what she was letting herself in for?!

Congratulations to you both on the house move.

The wife didn't have a clue! I hid it all so well!!!!! But now she can't escape.....because she's tied up under the stairs haha.

Good word (ebullient) by the way. Not heard that used in a long time.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
25 March 2013, 14:50, (This post was last modified: 25 March 2013, 14:51 by Luci_ferson.)
the battery wouldn't last long with the button held .
it drains battery fast when transmitting.

or atleast the old ones did, ive not owned one for over 20 years.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
25 March 2013, 15:02,
Wildman! good to have you back.

I've thought about rigging a perimeter using fishing line attached to bells. I have some small brass pulleys and bells, but never put it around. have to take it easy as the missus doesnt like any of this stuff. she tolerates me, thinking this "hobby" keeps me busy and out of trouble.
25 March 2013, 15:15,
You can get mats to stop dogs jumping over gates etc,... you place them at the point where the dog jumps from, when he goes on the mat he gets a small electric shock.

I wouldn't dream of using one for that purpose, but its the kind of thing that could easily be adapted

I have been trying to find one but as yet I cant,.. will keep looking, I saw them on an American show, so might not be able to get them here
A major part of survival is invisibility.