Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boots
25 March 2013, 21:02,
Boots
I wear work boots because in the city it is hell on your feet in girlie shoes.
They are comfortable to wear all day and cheap.
Problem is getting my foot size 5.
My poncho is also too big and it brushes the ground.
Do any ladies have the same problem finding small sizes?
25 March 2013, 21:17,
RE: Boots
i know the question wasnt aimed at us blokes

but these boots are very comfy, and dont look out of place with a pair of jeans or trousers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=ma...&_osacat=0

i wear these all year round, not 100% waterproof, but as long as you avoid deep puddles you'd be alright!!

(ps i know they aren't work boots, but they'll see you through anything!)
25 March 2013, 21:58,
try the childrens section of a camping and hiking shop.
im reckon theyle have good strong boots in size 5

I like my steal toe cap trainers.
comfortable to wear, easy to climb in, and they protect my feat.
bit heavy though, but you gbet used to them
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
25 March 2013, 22:09,
I personally would never wear steel toe caped boots, they are fine until you find yourself in really cold conditions,.. then your toes freeze
A major part of survival is invisibility.
25 March 2013, 22:11,
hes right about the toes.
they ok most of the time but once in a blue moon they do make your toes painfully cold.
couldn't walk through deep snow in them.
25 March 2013, 22:14, (This post was last modified: 25 March 2013, 22:16 by Nutmeg.)
I tried ST trainers. They got wet and smelly. Not good for getting a job. Never look smart.
My firend wore steels as he called them and they always looked smart.
They are also water proof.
Its just that i like work wear as it is stronger and cheaper than ladies wear.
Just hard to get size 8 or 10.
I wont buy from ebay. no internet banking for me. i dont even use pay pal.
Meg

(25 March 2013, 22:09)Highlander Wrote: I personally would never wear steel toe caped boots, they are fine until you find yourself in really cold conditions,.. then your toes freeze

Wear two pairs of socks, works for me.
Meg.
25 March 2013, 22:19,
I don't mind them until the deep snow.
then its like wearing fridges on my feet. have to keep banging the snow off
25 March 2013, 22:43, (This post was last modified: 25 March 2013, 22:45 by Metroyeti.)
Magnums are great boots I highly recomend them. At the moment i alternate between magnums and my german para boots(steel toe). Paras are alot heavier and took awhile to get used to, best boots I have ever had the plesure of owning. There the newer issue, and sadly

the shop I got them from carnt get them, wanted a spair set. Steel toes can be friend or foe, not nice when your feet get cold and you have x amount of hours left at work.
26 March 2013, 00:16,
The Scottish hills, are the very harshest of equipment testing sites, nothing seems to last very long unless it is of the best quality,... and for footwear it really needs to be a calf length, good leather sown in tongue walking/climbing boots

Work wear might well look good and maybe wet proof up to a point, but in my experience they don't stay wet proof very long if you are crossing a river for instance, and the stitching will never last long, they are not designed for the worst of weather

My work supplies me with Magnum boots, and I agree Metroyeti, they are great boots for work,... but midway through last year I left them on to walk the hills with the dogs,.. and by the time I got back my feet were soaking,...so I think they are great at the job they are designed to do,... but not up to the rough,.... now the German Para boots are really good boots,.. still prefer the ones without the steel toecaps though
A major part of survival is invisibility.
26 March 2013, 00:33,
Scottishhighlands are good testing ground you should try and blag some boots off the companies to do reviews.

Grafters are the worst boots I have ever owned. Unfortunatly lots of army surplus stores seem to increasing the amount they stock must have a good profit margin for them. Iowa/lowa boots are meant to be excellent, bit pricey for me.