Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comms in a Power-Grid Down Sitation
30 March 2013, 22:54,
RE: Comms in a Power-Grid Down Sitation
i soon hope to have a few flexi solay panels, batteries, cb ect. plus i had the cheeky idea of allowing the street lamp outside my window to kindly charge it for me.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
19 May 2013, 00:30,
Got a solar charged 12v car battery and a 240 volt power outlet in the car
Return to old watering holes for more than water; friends and dreams are there to meet you.
19 May 2013, 07:26,
ooo, can you get a charge from a street lamp, through a window? the council tried to plant one just in front of our front door, we had to argue with them to move it, so its now outside our spare bedroom window.
19 May 2013, 20:02,
You could do that as long as the power is still on and it might attract attention with a cable running from the street lamp into your house. If the street lamps are still working, then it is likely your power will still be on too.
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
22 May 2013, 11:07,
(19 May 2013, 07:26)Franc Wrote: ooo, can you get a charge from a street lamp, through a window? the council tried to plant one just in front of our front door, we had to argue with them to move it, so its now outside our spare bedroom window.

Just remember to wear rubber soled boots...