Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Incoming!
2 April 2013, 09:23,
Incoming!
It's a lovely Spring morning and you are happily engrossed in your garden digging beds for the winter brassicas (yes, you should be doing this now!), when you hear a terrific banging and ringing on your door. It's your next door neighbour (normally a calm and steady chap) who is actually gibbering. He has been listening to his radio and has heard that a rogue state, fired up on another wave of imagined slights, has actually launched a slew of missiles against its enemies in the West. He doesn't have any information as to exactly when they were launched, although it was recent, and there seems to be no information as to what sort of missiles they are.

Your first reaction is to gather your family together and head out. You live on the edge of a large built up area, perfect for a target and which would be a scene of massive destruction if a missile struck. Just one slight problem. Your partner has gone shopping with your nextdoor neighbour's wife, in their car. You know roughly where they ae going - it's the weekly top up at the supermarket - but not how long they will be.

You need to load your trailer with your prepared items. Normally your partner would be helping you and this would be accomplished quickly, and you would be on your way. Your neighbour is still standing there, wringing his hands and looking indecisive. You know your wife is not on a mobile phone - perhaps your neighbour's wife is? If he helped you with packing the trailer, it could be done and ready for when your wife and his partner return.
Do you ask him for help? He knows you prep - he does not.

Missiles are swishing their way across seas and land....... What are you going to do?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
2 April 2013, 09:29, (This post was last modified: 2 April 2013, 09:33 by Luci_ferson.)
RE: Incoming!
how many kids and dependants does my neighbour have.
Id have to ask him for help and accept my survival party has just grown.
afterall time can be a life saver, and if I don't get in contact with partner, all my preps could become pointless.

obviously if his family is huge, id have to totally reconsider how I could help, coming with me would be not an option if hes got 5 kids 3 dogs and a teenage daughter with a baby.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
2 April 2013, 10:14,
Nothing but pull everyone together, stay indoors and prep.

A rogue state doesn't have enough firepower to take out more than one or two targets. Plus they have plenty of people they hate right next to them.

Plus rogue states don't tend too get on the phone to our media before they press buttons. So it's all over before you even hear about it.

As news gets out and people start panicking, for no reason, you are all safe and together.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 April 2013, 16:14,
Presuming the "rogue state" isn't Canada or Mexico, we'll stay put, fill up the car, deploy the Waterbobs in the bathtubs, fire up the ham radio rig, and listen, wait and watch.

If the "rogue state" is "Kim Jung Stupids" little nuke-armed charlie-foxtrot, I'll watch on TV as Pyongyang is turned into a glass parking lot.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
2 April 2013, 16:34,
(2 April 2013, 16:14)Jonas Wrote: Presuming the "rogue state" isn't Canada or Mexico, we'll stay put, fill up the car, deploy the Waterbobs in the bathtubs, fire up the ham radio rig, and listen, wait and watch.

If the "rogue state" is "Kim Jung Stupids" little nuke-armed charlie-foxtrot, I'll watch on TV as Pyongyang is turned into a glass parking lot.

Hilarious! Go, Jonas!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
2 April 2013, 17:05,
The deal is this, all my group would be contacted and would assemble at my house in the first instance....and would evaluate what action to take next, meanwhile BOV and trailer would be made ready (all in place) 20 mins tops , we could sort out the 15 in my group if we bug in. I am close to telling them of this action plan,but have not told them as yet , due to me being a nutter and needing help. but good post mary, I can see flaws in my plan the more I think on it , will need to sort out the flaws (they are many ) thanks
2 April 2013, 17:34, (This post was last modified: 2 April 2013, 17:37 by Prepper1.)
(2 April 2013, 09:23)MaryN Wrote: It's a lovely Spring morning and you are happily engrossed in your garden digging beds for the winter brassicas (yes, you should be doing this now!), when you hear a terrific banging and ringing on your door. It's your next door neighbour (normally a calm and steady chap) who is actually gibbering. He has been listening to his radio and has heard that a rogue state, fired up on another wave of imagined slights, has actually launched a slew of missiles against its enemies in the West. He doesn't have any information as to exactly when they were launched, although it was recent, and there seems to be no information as to what sort of missiles they are.

Your first reaction is to gather your family together and head out. You live on the edge of a large built up area, perfect for a target and which would be a scene of massive destruction if a missile struck. Just one slight problem. Your partner has gone shopping with your nextdoor neighbour's wife, in their car. You know roughly where they ae going - it's the weekly top up at the supermarket - but not how long they will be.

You need to load your trailer with your prepared items. Normally your partner would be helping you and this would be accomplished quickly, and you would be on your way. Your neighbour is still standing there, wringing his hands and looking indecisive. You know your wife is not on a mobile phone - perhaps your neighbour's wife is? If he helped you with packing the trailer, it could be done and ready for when your wife and his partner return.
Do you ask him for help? He knows you prep - he does not.

Missiles are swishing their way across seas and land....... What are you going to do?
Id ask to borrow his car for a moment to check the towball on my trailer still works.... Id leave a note for the wife n go to my bol...

steal n go

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

God helps those that helps themselves...

I'm helping myself to his car...
God said It was ok...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
2 April 2013, 17:48,
not something that unduly worries me as we live in the middle of a rural area,miles away from any serious target, but would get the OH and dog in from the garden, shut all doors and windows and turn on the TV and radio.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 April 2013, 18:38,
Im too close to a nuclear facility, if theres a possibility of missiles being fired at all, im getting further away from here as soon as the possibility arises.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
2 April 2013, 19:10,
The moral of this story, is to always take the mobile phone,... the way the man came to the door, and the way in which he was described sounds to me to make him more of a liability than anything else someone like that along with you, is quiet likely to lead you into trouble at some point along the way.

I know that the trailer would normally be loaded by both family members, but as prepers we should be ready for as many things as possible, and one member of a couple being away is going to happen often,.. so that trailer should be loaded in such a way that one person can easily complete the loading without the other.

So,.. what should have taken place, was the neighbor came across and warned you, you got on the phone to the wife/hubby and passed on that warning,... you start to load the trailer, and by the time you have done that wife/hubby has got home and away you go,... saying thank you and bye bye to the neighbor
A major part of survival is invisibility.