Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Another P2S is created
2 April 2013, 11:49,
Another P2S is created
Quote.
I’ve also decided I’m going to take adverts and put up a donate button. I’ve have several people asking to donate or advertise over the years but I’ve not bothered. Over the last few weeks I’ve had people contacting me and asking. Strangly enough this includes a few US firms. I’m in talks now and I’ll let you know what happens.
End Quote

Another P2S is being born folks.
First adverts, then exclusive membership areas.

I'm out of here much to the relief of the soggy wet armchair hero's I'm sure.
As for you other females present?
Join a US forum where they AREN'T afraid of women and you can discuss things openly without the children throwing their toys round.
2 April 2013, 11:57,
RE: Another P2S is created
First Ive heard of adverts, carnt complain as they will only help cover the costs of running the forum. Armchair preppers? Most people on this site are rather switched on and are far from being soggy as you described. There has been a few differences of opinion, but its water of a ducks back, you carnt afford to let peoples opinions offend you.
2 April 2013, 12:09,
(2 April 2013, 11:49)Nutmeg Wrote: Quote.
I’ve also decided I’m going to take adverts and put up a donate button. I’ve have several people asking to donate or advertise over the years but I’ve not bothered. Over the last few weeks I’ve had people contacting me and asking. Strangly enough this includes a few US firms. I’m in talks now and I’ll let you know what happens.
End Quote

Another P2S is being born folks.
First adverts, then exclusive membership areas.

I'm out of here much to the relief of the soggy wet armchair hero's I'm sure.
As for you other females present?
Join a US forum where they AREN'T afraid of women and you can discuss things openly without the children throwing their toys round.

I don't mind adverts unless they animated stuff or vids that slow the webpages down etc.

And personally I like the fact theres females here. men and women always work better together than separately. we think differently and that's a good thing.
we think of things women don't, and they think of things we don't.
its just the way were meant to be.

theres a reason it takes two to tango.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
2 April 2013, 12:09,
I'll be honest I didn't use P2S that much because of all the rules but if you really think we are so close that adding adverts will make us the same then I'm surprised.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 April 2013, 12:10, (This post was last modified: 2 April 2013, 12:13 by Luci_ferson.)
our survival will always need both members of the species.

Ive seen other forums where those who contribute, or those who make a donation don't get the adverts.
maybe that could be looked into .
2 April 2013, 12:14,
I dunno why you feel the need to announce you are leaving Nutmeg.

Keep up the good work SD!
2 April 2013, 12:29,
SD puts a lot of work into this site and I have no problem with advertisements or donations.
2 April 2013, 12:30,
i'm not really concerned over adverts per se, as long as they are not annoying, and if they are concerning prepping supplies etc then I don't mind at all. Besides that this is not my website and what the owner does with it is their choice from my point of view, and I can't see the site changing radically, and if it does we are all free to choose, and that's what I like about this site.
2 April 2013, 12:32, (This post was last modified: 2 April 2013, 12:33 by Luci_ferson.)
adverts regarding prepping supplies, would probably be an improvement instead of a hindrance if they are carefully selected.

I know I wouldn't mind if I saw beardymans advert every day.

especially if it updated with his current special offers etc.
2 April 2013, 12:58,
I am yet to see on this site comments that denigrate women and female preppers.

The female preppers on here always bring up quite a few points that men would never think of.
I don't know why you think so negatively about this site especially as SD has been rather very accommodating and only intervened when differences of opinion get out of hand.

If you really are leaving, I wish you the very best. If you change your mind and stay, you will remain an assert as you will keep raising interesting points.
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.