Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh Honey!!
3 April 2013, 11:20,
Oh Honey!!
I've never liked honey, but i really should,

we all know why it should be in our food stores etc.

i was in asda the other day and stumbled across "Rowse, Light and Mild"

it's actually not bad! i think i'll try it to sweeten tea first, then maybe move up to something a little bit more local, see if i can develop a taste for a more natural honey!

anyone else in the same boat as me?
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
3 April 2013, 11:34,
RE: Oh Honey!!
I don't like honey for most things but I can have it in coffee.
lyles golden syrup stores very well, and can be used for most things instead of sugar.
tastes slightly better than the honey for people that don't like honey.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
3 April 2013, 11:41,
if your using Honey for medicinal reasons, sore throat, cough, wound dressing, its always said if you can try and buy LOCAL honey,something to do with local bees being immune to local diseases something like that, we generally buy ours from a smallholder 4 miles away-cant get much more local that that.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 April 2013, 11:51,
ive heard different honeys are for different ailments too, and that's to do with the flowers that the bees collect the nectar from.
honey from different areas have different beneficial properties.
3 April 2013, 11:52,
Honey would be the main source of sugar if TEOTWAWKI happened ..... assuming that we can quickly learn to keep bees

I think I was reading a self sufficiency book (the famous one from the 50/60's) and the author mention that he spent a few years in Africa and never had sugar available but honey was used instead and he never missed the refined sugar you buy at the shops
3 April 2013, 11:55, (This post was last modified: 3 April 2013, 11:56 by Luci_ferson.)
bees are a great deterrent too. and can be used as a weapon in emergency.

throw the hive at them and wait for the first release of pheromones, anyone attacking would soon retreat. lol
3 April 2013, 12:00,
(3 April 2013, 11:55)Luci_ferson Wrote: bees are a great deterrent too. and can be used as a weapon in emergency.

throw the hive at them and wait for the first release of pheromones, anyone attacking would soon retreat. lol

They would not just retreat. They would be routed...while you listen to the music the would-be raiders make as they hightail out...Big Grin
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
3 April 2013, 12:05,
you can even extract the pheromones to be used in a spray so that you don't need to throw the hive.
but that's not an easy process and probably has dangers of its own.
3 April 2013, 12:06,
Honey would be a top notch bartering product as it always has been through history. It would be great to have Bees, anyone do it?
3 April 2013, 12:13,
were allowed to keep bees on the allotment, but when I checked the legal requirements it says they have to be so many meters away from a public highway.
and the allotment isn't.
so although the council would allow them , the law wont.
typical beurocratic garbage.