Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Common Law
3 April 2013, 14:43,
Common Law
What do people think of using the common law (King Alfred), Declaration of rights (17th Century) as the basis for a law system in a post-collapse community, or even a pre-collapse voluntary community? I think there has been some discussion on this before. Some parts might need updating (You must worship the lord, slaves are ok etc.)

For the sake of brevity, I have condensed the 12 common laws into plain English.

I have also italicised the bits that may need updating because not everyone is religiously inclined, as well as the parts I feel need to be expanded or underlined.

Taken from the British Constitution Group's website:

no foreign prince, person, prelate, state, or potentate hath, or ought to have, any jurisdiction, power, superiority, pre-eminence, or authority, ecclesiastical or spiritual, within this realm.

(So it can clearly be seen that every EU treaty imposed upon us by Parliament, is unconstitutional. Here is the evidence that our present Monarch has indeed broken her Coronation Oath, by giving Royal Assent to these treaties.)

Other constitutional rights given by these contracts -

The right to bear arms
The right to petition the Sovereign
Free men cannot be imprisoned without cause
The Government cannot arrest any man because he disagrees with the Government’s policies
Habeas corpus is not to be denied
No person will be compelled to make loans to the King, and there will be no tax without the approval of Parliament
Soldiers and sailors will not be billeted on civilians
Government will not impose martial law during peacetime

1. You shall love, honor, cherish and obey the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength and only serving obeying HIM, forsaking all others.

2. You shall not create idols or icons to worship, in the likeness of heavenly or earthly things. You shall not bow down or serve them for I am a jealous God, and I will punish as far as your third and forth generations of children for disobeying me, show mercy to thousands that love and obey me, and keep my commandments.

3. Honor your God, keep his commandments, laws, statutes, judgement, economic policy, agricultural policy and diet that He gave to YOU and your Mother, the British Nation, Israel, and your wife at Mt. Sinai and make Him proud of you.

4. You shall not commit adultery, either physically, individually, or spiritually, nationally or individually but shall be FAITHFUL to God, your word and your spouse, also NOT committing adultery nationally by following the wrong examples of other nations.

5. You shall not use the Lord's name, unless you are speaking to Him, or about Him, then you will not waste His time or insult Him.

6. Love your neighbor (not physically) as much as, or more than, you love your "Self". Then you will not do wrong, or lie, to anyone - John 15 v 13. Do not desire , or touch, anything that does not belong to you. It belongs to your neighbor, not you, and you must respect his property. Your neighbor is the person next to you and the person on the far side of the planet and everyone in between.

7. You shall not lie, even to yourself.

8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy. It is not wrong to do good deeds on the Sabbath. The Sabbath was made for man. Man was not made for the Sabbath.

9. You shall not steal. Neither shall you make up your own laws to enable you to do so by deceiving people. (excessive taxation anyone?)

10. You shall not murder, that is to kill illegally. (So self defense is fine)

11. You shall love one another as much as I love you and in the same way - spiritually not physically - John 15 v 13. If you do this, ALL men will know that you are exercising and learning "Self" discipline - Discipleship.

12. Judge no-one, so that you will not be judged, for by whatever judgement you judge another, unjustly, you condemn yourself to the same punishment. Laws are the same for everyone. There are no separate Laws for he rich and for the poor.

Sorry for the wall of text.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
3 April 2013, 14:47,
RE: Common Law
sounded alright at the beginning-then you bought religion into it!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 April 2013, 15:45, (This post was last modified: 3 April 2013, 15:46 by Luci_ferson.)
I plan to live under the common law of,
I intend no other person any harm and as long as they do nothing to harm myself my family or my posessions it will remain that way.

its easier to remember the law when you only have one lol.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
3 April 2013, 15:51,
(3 April 2013, 15:45)Luci_ferson Wrote: I plan to live under the common law of,
I intend no other person any harm and as long as they do nothing to harm myself my family or my posessions it will remain that way.

And that is the essence of ALL law, pretty simple isn't it, no need for gods, princes or politicians.
by the way the ancient Greeks knew exactly what politics meant

Poly-meaning many
tics-meaning bloodsucking creatures
3 April 2013, 15:54, (This post was last modified: 3 April 2013, 15:55 by Luci_ferson.)
funny that you mention no gods , princes or poloticians etc.

I derived that law by looking at the ten commandments and thought how the hell do I shorten it into one.

what I wrote was the result. so god wasn't totally not present

But the point you made still stands. most men don't need a god to tell them the difference between right and wrong. most of us already know it inside of us.
its common sense.
sadly theres always those that have non.

although most of those are unlikely to survive for long anyway.
3 April 2013, 16:12,
lets not beat around the bush here, if anyone wants to read a storybook about an imaginary man that lives in the clouds, who impregnated a virgin without her express consent (there is a name for that!) then be my guest.......

these storybooks are nothing but pure fiction, and you should take as much from them as you take from Harry Potter, or The Lord of the Rings etc!

common sense is common sense, but unfortunately if/when the country descends into chaos, no law will be of any use.

Though i'll still be living by what i was brought up with "treat others how you would like to be treated"
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
3 April 2013, 16:16,
(3 April 2013, 15:45)Luci_ferson Wrote: I plan to live under the common law of,

thats very similar to the Pagan law: "do whatever you will, as long as it hurts no one"Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 April 2013, 16:17, (This post was last modified: 3 April 2013, 16:19 by Mortblanc.)
Politics exists as soon as two people make arrangements come to a consensis. Elections have occurred as soon as someone says "go out there and talk to them".

As for the ancient Greeks....

Their system was based on a population composed of 95% slaves. Citizenship was inherited, strictly guarded, and only exercised after serving in the military. They were a oligarcy of warriors, not the all encompassing democracy everyone imagines.

some of you folks obsession with elimination of religious thought is as stifling as any jahadist orthidoxy.
3 April 2013, 16:24, (This post was last modified: 3 April 2013, 16:26 by Luci_ferson.)
(3 April 2013, 16:12)Binnie Wrote: lets not beat around the bush here, if anyone wants to read a storybook about an imaginary man that lives in the clouds, who impregnated a virgin without her express consent (there is a name for that!) then be my guest.......

these storybooks are nothing but pure fiction, and you should take as much from them as you take from Harry Potter, or The Lord of the Rings etc!

common sense is common sense, but unfortunately if/when the country descends into chaos, no law will be of any use.

Though i'll still be living by what i was brought up with "treat others how you would like to be treated"

can honestly say ive never read that book, but ive read one similar.
it had a virgin in it somewhere towards the end.
don't mistake religions for a book. many religions come from a book, but the book is not the religion. and the religion is not the book.

religion is only one groups interpretation of the book.
theres many religions because many interpret it different.

the one I read had UFOs in it and allsorts.

side note to bigpaul , I like pagans they make a lot of sense.
3 April 2013, 16:40,
(3 April 2013, 16:24)Luci_ferson Wrote:
(3 April 2013, 16:12)Binnie Wrote: lets not beat around the bush here, if anyone wants to read a storybook about an imaginary man that lives in the clouds, who impregnated a virgin without her express consent (there is a name for that!) then be my guest.......

can honestly say ive never read that book, but ive read one similar.
it had a virgin in it somewhere towards the end.
don't mistake religions for a book. many religions come from a book, but the book is not the religion. and the religion is not the book.

religion is only one groups interpretation of the book.
theres many religions because many interpret it different.

the one I read had UFOs in it and allsorts.

side note to bigpaul , I like pagans they make a lot of sense.

yeah, ALL the holy sites were (Pagan) holy long before they were christian....same with the festivals.Big Grin