• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bike wheel bow
4 April 2013, 16:42,
Bike wheel bow
http://www.instructables.com/id/Bow-The-...Wheel-Bow/
Failure is NOT an option
4 April 2013, 16:44,
RE: Bike wheel bow
i think this is a similar idea to the slingbow.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 April 2013, 17:58, (This post was last modified: 4 April 2013, 18:00 by Luci_ferson.)
thanks uks.

looks like a great design for a bow. I also happen to have a spare bike wheel (sort of he don't know its spare yet)

I prefer to build than buy. and this looks perfect for me.

id have never thought of building anything like that.
its compactness depending on the size of wheel used will be very handy.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
4 April 2013, 22:28,
The perfect combination of all the disadvantags of a bow with all the disadvantages of a catapualt.

Is this a French design?
4 April 2013, 22:32, (This post was last modified: 4 April 2013, 22:32 by Luci_ferson.)
explain please mortblanc.
it looked the other way round to me.
but I don't know much about this type of technology.

looked to me like it would give higher power than a standard bow but in a much smaller compact form.

and cheap to build so yep could be French lol
5 April 2013, 03:33, (This post was last modified: 5 April 2013, 03:38 by Mortblanc.)
1. the normal advantage of the bow is the simplicity of the technology and the need for ZERO modern componants. This requires elastic and metal rather than wood and string.

2. The catapault uses elastic technology and would provide the same power and do the same job with much less bulk. A simple PVC pipe with the elastic attached and rigged as a spear gun would do the same.

So this combines the bulk of the bow with the need for modern materials of the catapault.

Looks like somethign an Ewok would come up with.
5 April 2013, 07:22,
signed up to the instructables newsletters did ya?

was about to post the same thing Smile
5 April 2013, 09:08,
thanks mortblanc, I hadn't considered the repairing of it.
excellent point you make about the materials being non replaceable.
I imagine there would be a lot of bicycles abandoned. (although they would have many other better uses)
I reckon even if I do bother to build one of these things, it will be more a curiosity than anything else.
thanks for the advice. theres a reason the old design of bow lasted so long and went through so many wars. (simple to repair in an emergency)

think il be sticking with something more traditional to rely on.
5 April 2013, 09:20,
there is a video on youtube about how to make a survival pvc bow from materials you might find lying around post shtf. might make more sense to keep the bicycle whole for use as transport than taking bits off them?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 April 2013, 09:25,
thinking about it logically , it would make more sense for me to look into bow making and learn something about the traditional woods used.
one day il need to repair one or make another. if im in the middle of nowhere it would be hard to do without knowing where to start.
I imagine if you don't get the right wood your wasting your time and efforts as it wouldn't last long or wouldn't shoot far.
I can still build a modern thing for fun, but traditional ones will be much easier to maintain I think.