Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
you may not have a smart meter yet but...
8 April 2013, 11:39,
RE: you may not have a smart meter yet but...
The TV nazis haven't bothered me for at least five years now, but I did have some fun encounters with them.
8 April 2013, 11:46,
(8 April 2013, 11:39)Tartar Horde Wrote: The TV nazis haven't bothered me for at least five years now, but I did have some fun encounters with them.

We keep getting letters from them "You don't have a TV license" - aye, I don't watch TV. Then I get another identical letter. Same answer chaps, I still don't have TV!!

Now they say they're going to come round and investigate (uninvited too) Well good luck with that Big Grin You'll need a warrant, and some way of getting past the dog.
8 April 2013, 11:47,
they dont seem to understand that some people dont have a tv, they assume everyone in the country has a tv.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 April 2013, 11:59,
(8 April 2013, 11:46)BeardyMan Wrote:
(8 April 2013, 11:39)Tartar Horde Wrote: The TV nazis haven't bothered me for at least five years now, but I did have some fun encounters with them.

We keep getting letters from them "You don't have a TV license" - aye, I don't watch TV. Then I get another identical letter. Same answer chaps, I still don't have TV!!

Now they say they're going to come round and investigate (uninvited too) Well good luck with that Big Grin You'll need a warrant, and some way of getting past the dog.

Don't let them in even if they do have a warrant, the police will be there, but its a scare tactic, they have no powers of entry!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
8 April 2013, 12:15,
Someone told me that if you only watch catch up TV online you do not need a TV licence. Is that true?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
8 April 2013, 12:19, (This post was last modified: 8 April 2013, 12:20 by BeardyMan.)
(8 April 2013, 12:15)MaryN Wrote: Someone told me that if you only watch catch up TV online you do not need a TV licence. Is that true?

As long as you don't watch or record TV as it is broadcast you do not need a license. Try explaining that to the morons who work there though!

(8 April 2013, 11:59)Binnie Wrote:
(8 April 2013, 11:46)BeardyMan Wrote:

Don't let them in even if they do have a warrant, the police will be there, but its a scare tactic, they have no powers of entry!

I was sure that if the police are there and they do indeed have a correct warrant then they'll come in if you want them to or not? Stropping them is obstruction surely? Especially if they've gotten a court order permitting entry (warrant)?
8 April 2013, 12:40, (This post was last modified: 8 April 2013, 12:41 by Binnie.)
you'll find if you ask the police why they are there, they normally reply "to keep the peace"

No crime has been committed, they don't yet have the evidence to make it a crime (IE they cannot prove you have a tv)

theres lots of funny videos on youtube "how to deal with TV licence" should yeild good results in the search box Wink

also you can legally own a tv and not need a licence,

IE for viewing DVD's, playing games consoles etc.

its as soon as you watch/record live broadcasts you "need" a "licence"
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
8 April 2013, 16:17,
If you want to go "legally licence free" read and join this website/forum

http://www.tvlicenceresistance.info/forum/index.php

Cheers Juice
walk outside the box
8 April 2013, 16:37,
The people I know who get the most hastle from the licensing are the ones whodont have a tv.

my uncle had never had one, randomly afew years back me gran asked if he had one,he said no so guess what she bought him? So after managing never having one, he now has one in his 50's, not a happy chap
8 April 2013, 22:55,
I hate TV Licensing they send my house 100 letters a month all threatening to visit have been sending the same amount a month for several years