Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
SW coast path landslips 10 times worse than normal.
5 April 2013, 11:08,
SW coast path landslips 10 times worse than normal.
all you walkers and hikers beware! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22029730
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 April 2013, 11:23,
RE: SW coast path landslips 10 times worse than normal.
people should understand this by now, amazing how many locals clamber all over the cliffs just after its been raining, despite there being a few deaths every year or 2 Tongue

i can remember at least 3 or 4 incidents involving land slides in my local area in the past couple of years, worst one was the beaminster tunnel i think, the tunnel collapsed and after a couple of weeks they uncovered a car with 2 people in Sad

but yes i think there certainly has been a much higher rate of slippage in the last year, too much bloody rain and 'orrible weather Tongue
5 April 2013, 11:32,
Ness beach in Teignmouth is out of bounds, landslide has blocked the tunnel access to the beach. woman bought a house in Torquay on line, no survey, no viewing, that house is now disintegrating and falling over the cliff, the sea is RED with all the soil washed down into it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 April 2013, 11:48,
i think this is maybe in the wrong place?

threats and risks is surely thinks that are worth prepping for?
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
5 April 2013, 12:55,
nope, threats and risks, to be aware of(and plan for). just imagine this was post SHTF and no one was coming to repair/clear it, you'd want to be aware of those risks to your safety wouldnt you?
5 April 2013, 13:13, (This post was last modified: 5 April 2013, 13:13 by Hrusai.)
aye, its important people know these things, as i say, even locals aren't aware of how dangerous the coast can be!

*some
5 April 2013, 13:20,
some locals are just plain stupid.
5 April 2013, 13:22,
true that BP!...i love watching local chavs walk on cliffs, it's like watching natural selection live!
5 April 2013, 13:27,
(5 April 2013, 13:22)Hrusai Wrote: true that BP!...i love watching local chavs walk on cliffs, it's like watching natural selection live!

yeah, same on Dartmoor, strappy tops, shorts and flip flops...then the weather changes and they have to be air lifted off!
5 April 2013, 16:21,
The coast line is constantly changing but I don't see how we can prep against this.
Post SHTF I wouldn't expect anyone to 'repair' it because it's not broken.
Respect existence or expect resistance!