Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolves in the UK, post SHTF.
8 April 2013, 16:47,
RE: Wolves in the UK, post SHTF.
I think people will be shocked at what people keep as pets, you can legaly buy racoons,skunks, snapping turtles,meerkats,camin crocodiles.

Illegaly I dread to think whats out there. Main illegal pet trade is birds and reptiles for some reason people like to collect rattle snakes and cobras. Working in london last year I saw lots of turkish kangals, another illegal breed of dog.its not just staffs/pitbulls people are training to be agressive I have seen someone set a collie on a lad who had to get shelter in a phonebox. There also going to scrap the pet passport scheme, its only a matter of time before we get rabies or something similar again.
8 April 2013, 16:48,
(8 April 2013, 16:44)Luci_ferson Wrote: im just sticking to the plan of they shouldn't get this far up north until after im dead.
its my kids that will need to remember what they are and how dangerous they are.
one of my daughters has never seen one, so shed not know what it even was.
my other thinks its something that rules Narnia and is likely to great it.

well thats kids for you....something i've not had any experience of thankfully(kids i mean)....maybe you should get them to view a wildlife film instead of their xboxes or whatever the damn things are called!Big Grin if i recall the Romans used Geese as watchdogs and very effective they were too.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 April 2013, 16:49, (This post was last modified: 8 April 2013, 16:49 by Luci_ferson.)
theres a few farms up here that still use geese as guard dogs for the farm house.

very effective they can be.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
8 April 2013, 16:50, (This post was last modified: 8 April 2013, 16:51 by bigpaul.)
(8 April 2013, 16:47)Metroyeti Wrote: I think people will be shocked at what people keep as pets, you can legaly buy racoons,skunks, snapping turtles,meerkats,camin crocodiles.

Illegaly I dread to think whats out there. Main illegal pet trade is birds and reptiles for some reason people like to collect rattle snakes and cobras. Working in london last year I saw lots of turkish kangals, another illegal breed of dog.its not just staffs/pitbulls people are training to be agressive I have seen someone set a collie on a lad who had to get shelter in a phonebox. There also going to scrap the pet passport scheme, its only a matter of time before we get rabies or something similar again.

yeah Rabies would be good wouldnt it, really would finish us off for good.

(8 April 2013, 16:49)Luci_ferson Wrote: theres a few farms up here that still use geese as guard dogs for the farm house.

very effective they can be.

yeah i know a farm in Somerset where they roam loose, you cant get to the door past them.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 April 2013, 16:53,
yup same here. they start making that godawfull noise before you've even got close to the gate.
and if you try going past the gate all hell breaks loose and they chase you back out.

its meant to be a public footpath right at side of the house
. I reckon its why hes put them there.
nobody uses it no more.
8 April 2013, 16:54,
One of the things that prompted me to ask the question was the fact that I was talking to a friend who works at one of these wolf sanctuaries , I asked her what she would do if the world went tits up and she said with out hesitation that if she knew that thee world was going down the pan she would free all the wolves...Her reasoning behind this was.. Why should the wolves have to suffer? they are all natures creatures and deserve a chance at survival!!
When I asked her about the risk to those humans who might survive the tits up scenario she said 'Tuff, that's nature aint it?
Respect existence or expect resistance!
8 April 2013, 16:56, (This post was last modified: 8 April 2013, 16:58 by Luci_ferson.)
and that was my point with the friends of the girl I know, they were all of a similar opinion.
the animals should come first because theyre more important than us humans.

sadly in some ways they are right, I just wish I wasn't one of the humans in the equation.
personally id give them all lethal injections. and take anything that was edible

yummie boar, bison, buffalo, I bet even hippo makes good bacon or something
8 April 2013, 16:59,
It's a sad fact that there really are people out there that care more for their animals than other human beings.
Reminds me of the film 'Army of the 12 monkeys'
Respect existence or expect resistance!
8 April 2013, 17:00, (This post was last modified: 8 April 2013, 17:02 by Luci_ferson.)
many things remind me of that movie recently. lol

on this topic though, the day after tomorrow springs to mind

im in the north east, I picture it with more snow and ice than you lol
8 April 2013, 17:04, (This post was last modified: 8 April 2013, 17:06 by bigpaul.)
if .....and its a big IF, they released all the animals as everything was going haywire and all the people were going mental, most of the animals would be killed by traffic, only a few IF ANY would survive, if they did i still say that most wild animals wouldnt come within 10 miles of a human there is plenty of wild animals out there easier to catch, after all most of us(on this site) are going to be armed arent we..nomatter how lethal or not why go again a human who is armed when they can find something easier.

(8 April 2013, 16:59)Ghost Wrote: It's a sad fact that there really are people out there that care more for their animals than other human beings.

yeah, and i'm one of them, give me a good dog to any "normal" person any day.