Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food to collect ( EGGS)
7 April 2013, 17:34,
RE: Food to collect ( EGGS)
(7 April 2013, 17:27)Luci_ferson Wrote: my misses is addicted to duck eggs.
I introduced her to them about 3 years ago.

pheasant and qual eggs are great for pickling.
never tried the gull egg yet, but no doubt I will if shtf before I get my chooks.
were over run with seagul round here, so its pretty inevitable.

not so many seagulls here, we are 30 miles from the nearest coast but plenty of pheasants, i see loads of them every day.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 April 2013, 17:36,
pheasant would go great with those rabbits in a nice stew
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
7 April 2013, 17:37,
(7 April 2013, 17:36)Luci_ferson Wrote: pheasant would go great with those rabbits in a nice stew

yes, dont worry its already been done (always marry a good cook!)Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 April 2013, 17:38,
the pheasant makes up for the nutrients missing from the rabbit, and the rabbit makes up for the lack of meat on the pheasant.
its a perfect partnership.
chuck a fat pidgeon in and your away.
7 April 2013, 17:44,
(7 April 2013, 17:38)Luci_ferson Wrote: the pheasant makes up for the nutrients missing from the rabbit, and the rabbit makes up for the lack of meat on the pheasant.
its a perfect partnership.
chuck a fat pidgeon in and your away.

thats going to be my main diet post SHTF!
7 April 2013, 17:52, (This post was last modified: 7 April 2013, 17:56 by Luci_ferson.)
probably mine too, if I don't hurry up and get some chickens lol

and I don't like rabbit at all, got tortured with it as a kid.
now if I look at it I remember the smeel from when my brother accidentally cut the excrement sack.
the smell was horrendous and we couldn't get rid of it for weeks.
no one could go near the back washhouse

my dad never let him gut a rabbit again.

ive got enough dumpling mix to last about a year even if we had it once a day every day lol

any stew can taste okey if you've got a few fat dumplings floating in it.
8 April 2013, 11:15,
dont forget to put them in a bucket of water, if they sink their ok, if they float their off and if the float on end their just about edible.
8 April 2013, 13:23,
I know , it says it at bottom of the original post lol
8 April 2013, 13:42, (This post was last modified: 8 April 2013, 13:44 by bigpaul.)
(8 April 2013, 13:23)Luci_ferson Wrote: I know , it says it at bottom of the original post lol

sorry, just read the original post and cant find that part, it says about embryos and lights but i cant find any mention of water and floating eggs.

Big GrinOK just found it, RIGHT at the bottom....pretty apt for an egg i think!!Big Grin
8 April 2013, 15:07,
Finding eggs is easier said than done Sad