Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food to collect ( EGGS)
8 April 2013, 18:16, (This post was last modified: 8 April 2013, 18:17 by Luci_ferson.)
RE: Food to collect ( EGGS)
although you can eat a gulls eggs , you shouldn't really, they are scavengers.
you shouldn't really eat the gull either, but we are all likely too if we had too.

eggs from crows and other carrion animals are best avoided also.

if it comes to starving or eaten the crow, im afraid the crow would still get it.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
8 April 2013, 18:19,
(8 April 2013, 18:16)Luci_ferson Wrote: although you can eat a gulls eggs , you shouldn't really, they are scavengers.
you shouldn't really eat the gull either, but we are all likely too if we had too.

if it comes to starving or eaten the crow, im afraid the crow would still get it.

i'm not fussy what i eat come SHTF! if its edible i'll eat it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 April 2013, 18:37,
(8 April 2013, 18:16)Luci_ferson Wrote: although you can eat a gulls eggs , you shouldn't really, they are scavengers.

You clearly dont know about the people who lived on St Kilda,... before that Scottish Island was de-populated the people of St Kilda ate gulls and gulls eggs as a major part of their diet, without the Gulls, they could never have lived there
A major part of survival is invisibility.
8 April 2013, 20:20,
its a fact , if your hungry you will eat anything.

theres tribes all over the world who exist on strange things.

like I said , if I had to eat the crow id eat the crow.

Thanks for the heads up on the people of St Kilda, its something ive not read anything about, I love unusual history, much appreciated.
8 April 2013, 20:23,
saw a dead badger today(road kill) there is something i would definitely eat post SHTF.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 April 2013, 20:25,
id find badger difficult. ( risk of TB etc)
but I suppose if your dying of starvation, tb is the least of your worries.
8 April 2013, 21:52,

Well, you just knocked out chicken too, and pork, and bear if you happen across one outside Lundon, You also eleminate all shellfish and shrimp and about any bottom feeding fish like sturgeon, or in the U.S. "catfish", or coy from the pond.

One thing that made a good domestic animal is that they can eat our scraps and rubbish we can not eat!

That makes them born and bread carrioneaters!

You simply need to cook them to a temp that will kill any parisites.

Even with domesticated and penned chickens we no longer eat raw egg products, milk is pasturized specifically to kill TB and one should stay away from brain or spinal cord tissue.

Strangely, triconosis has been eleminated from factory farmed pork, but the wild variety still is exposed as are rabbits and hares.

Cook your food well and it will be no problem. That isd one reason a tin billy is a primary survival necessity. It is much easier to insure boiled food is cooked through. roasting over the fire will always leave some pieces scorched and some raw.
8 April 2013, 23:03,
hopefully I wont come across any chickens that have fed off diseased dead humans or their wastes
im hoping that's unlikely since chickens aren't carrion they only a dirt scraper in nature.

I wont be able to walk past a pig and not think about a bacon sandwich though, and they eat just about anything . sadly a life without bacon just wouldn't be much of a life.

thanks for the info on the rabbits, I had no idea they still carried triconosis. another reason il be avoiding rabbit unless absolutely necessary.

anything I eat that is caught wild will be overcooked.
I imagine im gonna eat a lot of things I shouldn't.
but when needs must.
9 April 2013, 08:49,
if your gonna worry about each and every disease an animal MIGHT have post SHTF your gonna starve.like has already been said, cooking it well will kill off most things.
9 April 2013, 09:09,
im not going to worry about things to eat, il eat anything when hungry , like said earlier

il just only eat certain things when theres little choice of others.

id eat my own left arm if I got hungry enough.