Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A few thoughts on the state of things
8 April 2013, 18:23,
RE: A few thoughts on the state of things
Yes okay luci but if you want to buy my single malt gunna cost you.....lets say 100 gold sovs for 1 bottle
8 April 2013, 18:26, (This post was last modified: 8 April 2013, 18:27 by Luci_ferson.)
nah il go without
swap you for some brand new terry towelling nappies though. for that baby you weren't expecting.

il even throw in 5 tubes of bepanthen nappy rash cream and some large safety pins to go with them
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
8 April 2013, 18:27,
oh......... go on then......
8 April 2013, 18:28,
be just my luck for the mrs to get pregnant just after the swap, then id definitely need the single malt and wish I still had the nappies.
8 April 2013, 18:33,
Welcome to the forum,.. from the Scottish Highlands.

You are certainly on the right track, and have come up with some good ideas, I would also suggest that you gather some smaller value currency in the form of rings or ear rings

You said you have leant to grow food, great,.. you also say that you want to look at getting more from the garage,... is it possible you could combine the two, if you could remove the roof, you have a very secure garden tucked away

Solar panels are really a must, even if the power stayed on, it will likely be very intermittent and for the cost of a 40 - 50 watt panel, you have to have at least one,... but also think about wind up goods like a world net radio
A major part of survival is invisibility.
8 April 2013, 18:46,
Gold and silver are good hedge but as said you cannot eat it....its how you perceive post wtshtf, I do not hold the view of just a bit of a breakdown...I think it will be a lot worse than we think....that's what I am preparing for. If anyone thinks they can trade PMs with locals what are going to be the problems associated with this, how would you value an item, is that going to be based on how desperate you have become ? probably yes..... food would be king.....with regards to OH seeing tins of stuff in the garage......tell her the way you see things NOW if she is shocked or worried now ...just imagine the shock when you cannot feed your family when the shit hits....prepare for the worst ....hope for the best....PMs will do you NO good for at least 6 months or even more.....think with your guts....the brain we be along later
8 April 2013, 18:53,
(8 April 2013, 18:46)Straight Shooter Wrote: Gold and silver are good hedge but as said you cannot eat it....its how you perceive post wtshtf, I do not hold the view of just a bit of a breakdown...I think it will be a lot worse than we think....that's what I am preparing for. If anyone thinks they can trade PMs with locals what are going to be the problems associated with this, how would you value an item, is that going to be based on how desperate you have become ? probably yes..... food would be king.....with regards to OH seeing tins of stuff in the garage......tell her the way you see things NOW if she is shocked or worried now ...just imagine the shock when you cannot feed your family when the shit hits....prepare for the worst ....hope for the best....PMs will do you NO good for at least 6 months or even more.....think with your guts....the brain we be along later
i'm with SS on this, i think societal breakdown..like the riots only a lot worse...PM's are no good stock FOOD...6 months minimum for each person....12 months worth for each person if time allows. and you need alternative heating,cooking and lighting for when the power grid goes down.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 April 2013, 19:13,
Just as an after thought ...I do not think anyone will buy their way out of this coming event ...the prepared people on this forum stands the best chance of survival we know what is needed that's why we are all on here ...... our fear is the chavs and sheeple ...that's the big unknown for all of us never mind the gov or authorities or military or even the plod ....when we talk on this forum its stuff that we can barter with ......mainly toilet rolls spirits and the like....funny ITS NEVER FOOD .....nuff said
8 April 2013, 20:14,
well said, notice I offered nappies and creams, not food lol
I cant really see me having spare food to trade for a very long time.
8 April 2013, 20:17, (This post was last modified: 8 April 2013, 20:18 by bigpaul.)
(8 April 2013, 20:14)Luci_ferson Wrote: well said, notice I offered nappies and creams, not food lol
I cant really see me having spare food to trade for a very long time.

any food you have you will need for yourself, thats the point of storing it, barter anything but not food, also if you start bartering food they know you've got it and will follow you home and rob you...opsec,opsec,opsec.

trust no one.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.