Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarantine.
10 April 2013, 14:55,
Quarantine.
i was just looking at an American site which mentioned quarantine, and the fact that internationally a black and white(squares) flag is used to signify" disease-keep away"....i wonder if this could be used post SHTF to deter visitors and scavengers???
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 April 2013, 15:06,
RE: Quarantine.
Most people wouldnt know what it meant Sad
10 April 2013, 15:09,
I didn't know what it meant. I'd be putting up more definitive signs and they only last for a vertain amound of time. People may be wary but eventually they would investigate to see what was going on and what could be scavanged.

Sometime these signs only draw attention to you but I could see certain signs being useful with care.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 April 2013, 15:11,
(10 April 2013, 15:06)Metroyeti Wrote: Most people wouldnt know what it meant Sad

print off the sign and put a big label underneath saying"QUARANTINE: INFECTIOUS DISEASE!!" that should do it. or you could just put PANDEMIC most people have heard of that these days.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 April 2013, 16:06,
keep out tyfuss would do it maybe
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
10 April 2013, 16:13,
BP, "post" your property with "No Trespassing" signs first, using the exact legal language specified for your country and county ("Achtung! Minen!" is NOT recommended). Get people use to the idea that your property is a "no go" zone. If your nighbors ask "why the signs" mention something about "prowlers at night" or "hearing someone in the backyard".

If/when a pandemic arrives (or TSHTF and you don't want people around, then put a handmade "Quarantine! Flu!" sign on the front door.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
10 April 2013, 16:26,
(10 April 2013, 16:13)Jonas Wrote: BP, "post" your property with "No Trespassing" signs first, Get people use to the idea that your property is a "no go" zone.
we've already got a sign that says:STOP-NO salesmen, NO canvassers,NO cold callers, NO religious groups, We do not buy anything off the doorstep.....i think that covers most things, also there is a chain across the drive at night.
10 April 2013, 16:28,
Thankfully you don't live in scotland, the scottish outdoor access code allows access to most areas!

also there is not really a "tresspass" law in scotland, any tresspass i beleive is a civil case, unless you are there to commit a crime?
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
10 April 2013, 16:31,
(10 April 2013, 16:28)Binnie Wrote: Thankfully you don't live in scotland, the scottish outdoor access code allows access to most areas!

also there is not really a "tresspass" law in scotland, any tresspass i beleive is a civil case, unless you are there to commit a crime?

i think its the same here, trespass is a civil matter not a criminal one.
10 April 2013, 17:07,
(10 April 2013, 16:28)Binnie Wrote: Thankfully you don't live in scotland, the scottish outdoor access code allows access to most areas!

If someone is wandering/skulking around your property at night, it's a fair bet that he/she isn't birdwatching, but is there to commit a crime.

Trespass in Texas is a fatal matter. We can legally shoot trespassers on our property (posted or not) from sunset to sunrise. Our local sheriff does recommend that we not wound a trespasser however. "Burglary of an Occupied Dwelling" is an almost unheard of crime in our small town (about six years ago we buried the last man who tried it). That's why we sleep soundly at night with the windows open and seldom even lock the front and back doors.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!