Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital security food for thought.
10 April 2013, 19:37,
Digital security food for thought.
Seems no matter what you are doing on line someone is collecting data on you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRrgD-4-D8s
10 April 2013, 20:41,
RE: Digital security food for thought.
I suppose all of us who use ...say Amazon....the selection of items " just for you " is targeted to your interests or recent inquires ...they are analysing your bought items or what you are mostly looking at ...same with google this is not rocket science ....years ago I had a programme written why I could tract my customers future needs .....with standard letters sent out to any or all with special offers targeted to their Known needs , the best money I have ever spent ....very powerful .....and the best way to acquire multiple sales for the price of a stamp....or email .....once you entered a customer on the system that was it ...you never lost tract of them or potential more business to be had .....I could tell you everything about that customer even now
11 April 2013, 07:44,
I watched the whole video and ended up with a feeling of 'unease'.
A very thorough cleanup on the communications front, as from today, will be the order of the day.
I recommend that everyone does the same - the long term effects of all this are mind bending.
11 April 2013, 09:05,
This is standard practise now. Where it becomes an issue is where the government is involved. Who cares if Amazon knows you like books on self sufficiency. They point out new ones that you may have missed. Where it goes wrong is when the data is supplied to government where they use it to id 'terrorists' They get so many false positives that sounds good in soundbites 'At any one time we are monitoring 750,000 potential terrorists. Give us more money and these new laws or they could get through'

Deleting data is next to impossible. Ring someone once efven by accident, you are on a record as linked to that person. Buy an air rifle. Your details are recorded. Everything you buy is recorded unless you use cash and a false name. I use both where I can because you can't unring a phone or unregister a purchase. Think of this for all your purchases, don't buy everything from the same place, use cash where you can and give a false name when possible.

Big Brother is here, and look he is retarded.

Almost everything on this planet is OK until government gets involved.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
11 April 2013, 21:51,
I've just been onto Facebook & it came up with a "suggested post" & it was prepper related. Thought I had ultra private but obviously not. I've never mentioned anything on Facebook about prepping so they got that info somewhere
11 April 2013, 22:09,
(11 April 2013, 21:51)Geordie_Rob Wrote: I've just been onto Facebook & it came up with a "suggested post" & it was prepper related. Thought I had ultra private but obviously not. I've never mentioned anything on Facebook about prepping so they got that info somewhere

Have you `Liked` any preper related sites before?, its all it takes for them to `suggest` a site
A major part of survival is invisibility.
11 April 2013, 22:11,
Business Intelligence is one of the areas I am interested in professionally. A very interesting field and it links disparate bits of information to come up with a very accurate picture.

Read the Broken Window by Jeffrey Deaver, one of my fav authors if you want to know more about the subject.

But always remember Garbage In Garbage Out an old computer saying. So throw your shoes into the machine. Falsify data, use cash, don't put your life on facebook or any other online system. Don't like a campaign or pay something by CC. The picture it will then have of you will be incomplete. Still a picture but not a very good one.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
11 April 2013, 22:16,
(11 April 2013, 22:09)Highlander Wrote:
(11 April 2013, 21:51)Geordie_Rob Wrote: I've just been onto Facebook & it came up with a "suggested post" & it was prepper related. Thought I had ultra private but obviously not. I've never mentioned anything on Facebook about prepping so they got that info somewhere

Have you `Liked` any preper related sites before?, its all it takes for them to `suggest` a site

Never liked anything prepper related at all or mentioned anything prepper related at all. Only time I talk about it is on here.
11 April 2013, 22:24,
You don't have tolike something.just visiting whilst logged on to FB can link you. By logging into FB or Google to check your messages and then going to your daily sites links you. You only have to forget once and the link is made. You can't undo that simple error.

But who cares what FB and Google know? Well, the do give their info to the Government so I guess the answer is everyone.
Skean Dhude
11 April 2013, 22:26,
(11 April 2013, 22:11)Skean Dhude Wrote: But always remember Garbage In Garbage Out an old computer saying. So throw your shoes into the machine. Falsify data, use cash, don't put your life on facebook or any other online system. Don't like a campaign or pay something by CC. The picture it will then have of you will be incomplete. Still a picture but not a very good one.

I would really like to do all this, but in reality we would find life quiet difficult to do so,... it was no accident that the Highlanders were living in `black houses` while the rest of the country were living in Victorian splendor,.. it was because the people here were so far removed from the rest of the country that half of them didnt know how the rest of the world was living

If we didn't use a little technology we would be living in the same way today, we cant go to the shops and buy many of the things we need, and if we went to where we could buy them, the cost of fuel would make the item not worth buying in the first place,... so many of our purchases have to be `on-line`if we want to stay up to date

We try not to use a credit card on-line, if there is a phone number we always phone, we try to restrict all our online dealing to one card.

I am on facebook, but I have no information listed and only have family as friends,..if I wasn't on face book all correspondence would have to be by either phone,..or letter..... I wonder if I am an in-completed picture..Smile
A major part of survival is invisibility.