Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shipping container homes(in London)
11 April 2013, 14:57,
shipping container homes(in London)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-22107960
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 April 2013, 15:16,
RE: shipping container homes(in London)
Those would be handy for a remote BoL.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
11 April 2013, 15:20,
just shows what could be done with one, obviously from our point of view Londonistan is not exactly the "ideal" location, but given the right place and space??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 April 2013, 16:04,
interesting containers and it goes to show what could be done with one

not sure about heating if remote and off grid you'd have to install a wood burner that would take up valuable space

to increase space you could weld two together
11 April 2013, 16:08,
Finding them a reasonable price has become difficult in my area.

It must be placed on an approved foundation, bolted down, have wiring, plumbing and septic up to codes, bedrooms must have window, structure must have front and back escape doors....

Codes people have gone on the warpath over them too. You can't even sit one down here without permits, and they are not giving out any permits!

It is easier and just as cheap to spring for a mobile home and there are fewer codes hastles.
11 April 2013, 16:17,
bloody good idea help some people out
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
11 April 2013, 16:49,
its a nice idea, consider it myself when and if i get some land, but dont you need a crane to offload it? and wouldnt that give the game away?
11 April 2013, 16:55,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151011448481?s...1438.l2649

Cheers Juice!
walk outside the box
11 April 2013, 17:15,
If I could afford a container, and the cost of transporting it to my place I would,..I would love to have a go at doing something like that
A major part of survival is invisibility.
11 April 2013, 17:48,
(11 April 2013, 17:15)Highlander Wrote: If I could afford a container, and the cost of transporting it to my place I would,..I would love to have a go at doing something like that

A quick Google finds 40' x 9' x 8' wind-proof and waterproof shipping containers for between £1,800 and up to £3,500 used once, nearly new ones. Delivery extra.

Interesting....
conscius et paratum