Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to starve in style.....kind of
15 April 2013, 15:15,
RE: How to starve in style.....kind of
(15 April 2013, 15:14)SecretPrepper Wrote:
(15 April 2013, 15:11)bigpaul Wrote: just try 3 bowls of all bran one after the other, i spent the whole night on the loo-slept on it too!Big GrinBig Grin

HAHA talk about too much info Tongue

well it was over 20 years ago!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 April 2013, 16:22,
who thinks it is better that before TSHTF you are carrying some fat ,or being slim and fast
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
15 April 2013, 16:40,
defo need some fat reserves!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 April 2013, 16:50,
(15 April 2013, 14:18)Tartar Horde Wrote: But Jesus will keep you warm

sorry, punish me but I had tooAngry

It's all right; I forgive you matey

Yahshua the Messiah (Jesus) told me to!
walk outside the box
15 April 2013, 17:49,
(15 April 2013, 15:10)SecretPrepper Wrote: I know after the juice diet ( a diet where you only drink fruit juice) when you eat solids it shoots through your system so fast it is best to eat on the loo

Allied troops killed many inmates of the Nazi death camps by feeding them solid food upon liberation.

The military doctors found that recovery was a slow process once the entire fat reserve of the body was gone, if they recovered at all.

When you have been deprived of solid food for any length of time your system must adjust slowly to whole foods. And if your brain has been depleated (brain is 80% fat cells) it can not send proper messages to the digestive system.

There is a great deal of information on these factors if you do research on anorexia.

There is a whole body of work that does not require our blind speculation.
15 April 2013, 18:03,
Its not just jesus, ramadam they dont eat during the day, odin fasted for 9days and nights whilst hung on a tree (and pierced with his spear).

Never tried it myself and I know I couldnt do it by choice but its amazing what the body can endure and survive
15 April 2013, 18:17,
I have voluntarily fasted before, the longest 3 days. I had a really bad headache the first day, then felt alright. I was not doing any strenuous activity either. Fasting, in my opinion, does help cleanse the body. I also found it strangely liberating to exercise the will power of the mind controlling the stomach's desire for food. Wouldn't want to go past 3 days though.
15 April 2013, 20:10,
Fasting is a great way to help recovery from some illnesses, and really does cleanse the body. But, for 40 days in stressful conditions? You'd have to be out of your mind, well, you might be! You'd be as weak as hell, probably hallucinating, and if the weather was hot, you might be on the way out as well. No use to anyone.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
16 April 2013, 09:51,
(15 April 2013, 20:10)MaryN Wrote: Fasting is a great way to help recovery from some illnesses, and really does cleanse the body. But, for 40 days in stressful conditions? You'd have to be out of your mind, well, you might be! You'd be as weak as hell, probably hallucinating, and if the weather was hot, you might be on the way out as well. No use to anyone.

I totally agree.

I'm not recommending starving yourself. I'm just trying to show that there is a much larger capability of the human body to exist without food than most people are speculating.

Let's say that the food runs out post SHTF. We all have food reserves, but we also have a good month of 'hungered' survival left with which to find food, plant fast growing crops, and stuff like that. Watercress grows fast, and although it's not a super high calorie food, it could provide the final pump of nutrition to get you through until those kidney beans start to show pods, and those peas bud up.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
16 April 2013, 10:00,
(16 April 2013, 09:51)Scythe13 Wrote: I'm not recommending starving yourself. I'm just trying to show that there is a much larger capability of the human body to exist without food than most people are speculating.

Let's say that the food runs out post SHTF. We all have food reserves, but we also have a good month of 'hungered' survival left with which to find food, plant fast growing crops, and stuff like that. Watercress grows fast, and although it's not a super high calorie food, it could provide the final pump of nutrition to get you through until those kidney beans start to show pods, and those peas bud up.

Gives you a marker on how long to out live non preppers that may wish to do you harm