Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armex Tomcat MKII 80lb crossbow pistol review
20 April 2013, 09:44, (This post was last modified: 20 April 2013, 09:51 by bigpaul.)
RE: Armex Tomcat MKII 80lb crossbow pistol review
(19 April 2013, 18:48)Tartar Horde Wrote: I've tried it with one of those bodkins we use mate, but I used a longer bolt and had the bodkin protruding past the front of the rail, it flew quite a bit slower, let us know what they fly like with 6.5 bolts n bodkins

dont know if an 8 inch shaft is long enough to protrude through the front sight, havent tried anything yey, its just an idea.

i have to say i am not impressed with the attitude of "blades and bows", it seems once you've bought their crossbow thats it, you're on your own, "after care" is non existent, once you remove the crossbow from the packing its non returnable, its seems all they care about is your money-their not unique in that, i have told them to remove my details from their database as i will NOT be buying from them again. i have to say too that now i've got the string on i am very happy with the crossbow, but their attitude still stinks.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 April 2013, 10:13,
(20 April 2013, 09:44)bigpaul Wrote:
(19 April 2013, 18:48)Tartar Horde Wrote: I've tried it with one of those bodkins we use mate, but I used a longer bolt and had the bodkin protruding past the front of the rail, it flew quite a bit slower, let us know what they fly like with 6.5 bolts n bodkins

dont know if an 8 inch shaft is long enough to protrude through the front sight, havent tried anything yey, its just an idea.

i have to say i am not impressed with the attitude of "blades and bows", it seems once you've bought their crossbow thats it, you're on your own, "after care" is non existent, once you remove the crossbow from the packing its non returnable, its seems all they care about is your money-their not unique in that, i have told them to remove my details from their database as i will NOT be buying from them again. i have to say too that now i've got the string on i am very happy with the crossbow, but their attitude still stinks.
Glad you're happy with it BP, I've never dealt with them but if they don't respect customers spread the word brother, because I won't deal with them either now PREPPER POWER lol
20 April 2013, 13:40, (This post was last modified: 20 April 2013, 14:11 by bigpaul.)
(20 April 2013, 10:13)Tartar Horde Wrote: Glad you're happy with it BP, I've never dealt with them but if they don't respect customers spread the word brother, because I won't deal with them either now PREPPER POWER lol

yeah i like it-prepper power!!Big Grin

(19 April 2013, 18:48)Tartar Horde Wrote:
(19 April 2013, 17:05)bigpaul Wrote: i've got some short lengths of 11/32" about 8 inches long i think-although i can cut that down if neccessary, i was thinking of attaching a bodkin? the duct tape idea is good i have seen that done on youtube vids.
I've tried it with one of those bodkins we use mate, but I used a longer bolt and had the bodkin protruding past the front of the rail, it flew quite a bit slower, let us know what they fly like with 6.5 bolts n bodkins

Ps I fletched my bolts with small parabolic fletchings cut to size, they fly a lot better with good feathers, and feathers are very forgiving too.

i've just made one wooden bolt, its 8and a half inches from tip of point (i've used field points cos thats what was already on it) to the other end, i've made fletchings out of gaffa tape-like the lad shows on the youtube vid, dont know how it flies yet as i've got to find an old sofa cushion or something for a back stop, try and get one at the car boot tomorrow...weather permitting!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 April 2013, 16:41,
Those field points should be ok BP as they are a lot lighter than the bodkins we use.
20 April 2013, 16:53,
(20 April 2013, 16:41)Tartar Horde Wrote: Those field points should be ok BP as they are a lot lighter than the bodkins we use.
i will make another using a bodkin and see if there is any difference when shot from the crossbow, they will both protrude from the front sight, i think the bodkin is sharper and i prefer this to the field points but will have to see how they each perform in actual use, i've also got some metal bolts coming from Ebay so i can see how all 3 perform.
22 April 2013, 10:25,
i dont know if this is of interest to anyone but i have just found a 50lb pistol crossbow for sale for...£12.99!!! 150 FPS 5 inch draw http://www.ukfishingandcamping.com/abs-5...istol.html
22 April 2013, 12:48,
(22 April 2013, 10:25)bigpaul Wrote: i dont know if this is of interest to anyone but i have just found a 50lb pistol crossbow for sale for...£12.99!!! 150 FPS 5 inch draw http://www.ukfishingandcamping.com/abs-5...istol.html

i got one of them there ok
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
22 April 2013, 13:02,
(22 April 2013, 12:48)Barneyboy Wrote:
(22 April 2013, 10:25)bigpaul Wrote: i dont know if this is of interest to anyone but i have just found a 50lb pistol crossbow for sale for...£12.99!!! 150 FPS 5 inch draw http://www.ukfishingandcamping.com/abs-5...istol.html

whats the power like BB? any good for rabbitting or ratting?
22 April 2013, 13:14,
(22 April 2013, 13:02)bigpaul Wrote:

not really mate ,not from an more than 10 feet mate but thats just my view
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
22 April 2013, 13:21,
(22 April 2013, 13:14)Barneyboy Wrote:
(22 April 2013, 13:02)bigpaul Wrote:

not really mate ,not from an more than 10 feet mate but thats just my view

thats what i thought for that price.