Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armex Tomcat MKII 80lb crossbow pistol review
18 April 2013, 15:28,
RE: Armex Tomcat MKII 80lb crossbow pistol review
Bugger wish I could help you out BP. hold bow upright put end of cocking arm on table etc and push down on limbs, have you tried that way mate? I'm rootin for yaUndecided
18 April 2013, 15:32,
(18 April 2013, 15:28)Tartar Horde Wrote: Bugger wish I could help you out BP. hold bow upright put end of cocking arm on table etc and push down on limbs, have you tried that way mate? I'm rootin for yaUndecided

yep, wife and i are PHYSICALLY unable to bend the prod far enough back to put on the string, so its completely useless to me. havent been able to contact company as they go off the phones by 3pm. if anybody else wants one they can have this for what i paid £38, if no one contacts me i will send it back to the company.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 April 2013, 17:25,
OK folks, here's the thing, DO NOT buy this thing if your at all unsure about it, just heard from the company and once the thing is out of the box it becomes non returnable, so beware. so i've got a crossbow i cant use, so it'll get slung in the back of the wardrobe unless i can find someone built like Arnie, round here thats a joke! i'm just imagining someone after TSHTF with one of these, his string wears out and he's all alone, he's got a spare string in his bag but not the strength to put it on, basically he's screwed and defenceless.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 April 2013, 20:40,
I agree that is a draw back,.. try different ways BP,.. I managed it but it took quiet a while to get into a position that gave me enough leverage to bend it, so that the wife could loop the string in place,... but keep at it, its doable
A major part of survival is invisibility.
18 April 2013, 21:07,
I know it's easy to say BP but once you've done it you won't have a problem again.
18 April 2013, 21:55,
Is this the same crossbow look at the vid at 1.25min
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDl6kQME5rc
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
18 April 2013, 22:01,
(18 April 2013, 15:32)bigpaul Wrote:
(18 April 2013, 15:28)Tartar Horde Wrote: Bugger wish I could help you out BP. hold bow upright put end of cocking arm on table etc and push down on limbs, have you tried that way mate? I'm rootin for yaUndecided

yep, wife and i are PHYSICALLY unable to bend the prod far enough back to put on the string, so its completely useless to me. havent been able to contact company as they go off the phones by 3pm. if anybody else wants one they can have this for what i paid £38, if no one contacts me i will send it back to the company.

I found it easiest to place the right tip of the prod on the ground with the string attached and then using my knee to lean on the pistol grip using my body weight rather than strength while pulling on the left hand prod, it is difficult to get enough leverage with such a small prod, much more difficult than stringing my 180lb crossbow but once you have a technique that works for you (and it is about technique rather than brute strength) it becomes simple if not easy.
18 April 2013, 22:33,
(18 April 2013, 21:55)TheFalcon Wrote: Is this the same crossbow look at the vid at 1.25min
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDl6kQME5rc

Yes, that is the same one,... and that's the way we managed to string it,..in fact it was after watching that very same video
A major part of survival is invisibility.
18 April 2013, 22:36, (This post was last modified: 18 April 2013, 22:40 by Tonka.)
Yes it's difficult to string, I'm built like my name suggests, but it still took me a while to do it. It doesn't have to be done often though. I bent the prod between my knees and popped it on. Kind of like a thigh-master bow press!
It would be a shame to send it back just for that. I think it's as much technique as strength... probably. I live a bit far off to give you a hand I'm afraid, but I'm sure you'll get it strung. Good luck.

(18 April 2013, 10:24)Tartar Horde Wrote: In the last few days I have shot at least a few hundred bolts out of this little crossbow at a measured 10yds. The Achilles heel on this weapon is the quality of ammunition that is generally available. I purchased 15 bolts at first and started testing them in batches of 5. Out of those 15 bolts I found only 9 to be within acceptable tolerances regarding flying true and quality of build. There are two problems with the bolts available, 1 is the fletchings used. These tend to deform and do not always return to true straightness, and the points on the bolts tend to be crimped on allowing them to rattle a little bit. The fletchings are not a problem to cure as I have put some Turkey fletchings on them which you will have to cut down to size (no problem here). I have found some 6.5 inch bolts that have screw in points which would allow the fitting of two blade broadheads (three blade won't work) but I reckon you would have to use 100grain.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-X-6-5-Pisto...43b7bb0fe7

Yes, those are the bolts you linked to are my preference. I recommend you try them. I have not experimented with broadheads yet, but what you say makes sence.
19 April 2013, 09:59,
WELL ITS ON!-i think! had to put it in my vice-i've got one with 2 bars on the bottom not a solid one and managed to bend it enough to get the string on, still one hell of a tussle but i think its ok, wouldnt want to do it "out in the field" though, OH is at the dentists so i could do it without getting earache!! cant use it yet though, i've got to make a solid backstop for it, i believe a cushion or a pillow in a taped up box is favourite?