Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armex Tomcat MKII 80lb crossbow pistol review
15 April 2013, 18:40,
RE: Armex Tomcat MKII 80lb crossbow pistol review
Sorry to be a wet blanket, but no, it wouldn't kill me very easily. It would just be possible to kill someone with a lucky shot. I do have the exact bow. At very close range at some points on the skull, it could be deadly, or if you happened to get an artery. With a body shot there would not be enough penetration to cause sufficient loss in blood pressure to stop any determined person you hit taking out their annoyance on you.
This does not mean it wouldn't be nasty to get shot with, and shouldn't be treated with respect, but it is not a good weapon to use against people. People are shot with those all the time as they are cheap enough to get in the hands of idiots, but people are not killed ... or even sustain lasting injuries. Because of this use by idiots there has been detailed police medical research done in to the lethality of 80lb pistol crossbows, as they were going to legislate against them. The results of the reports / tests showed that they didn't need to. Believe me if they had been deadly they would have been banned... this is the UK. It was an interesting report... if I can find it I'll share.
It's an OK deterrent, a good meal getter, but please don't think you can protect your family from raiders with it. If that's what you want, knock up a decent spear... primitive, but very very effective. A bit overkill for bunnies though.

BTW You can buy ally bolts with screw on heads for that very cheap.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Armex Tomcat MKII 80lb crossbow pistol review - by Tonka - 15 April 2013, 18:40