Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armex Tomcat MKII 80lb crossbow pistol review
18 April 2013, 11:53, (This post was last modified: 18 April 2013, 11:56 by Tartar Horde.)
RE: Armex Tomcat MKII 80lb crossbow pistol review
The groove on the Rail where the bolts sits does not continue to the end of the Rail, so the blade that will be facing down into the rail will hit the end where the groove is, thus making it jump. This is why there are only two fletchings on the bolts, where normally you would have three like on full size crossbows. These small mechanical broadheads would do the job nicely and at £19 are not bad at all. If you sighted them in on something that would not damage the blades, and only used them for those "special" occasions they will last you ages if looked after. I am waiting to see if they will fit those 6.5 inch bolts with screw in points. Remember as well that if you are keeping the front sight and post, you will have to make sure the blade is narrow enough to pass between the post. I will be fitting a red dot sight so it doesn't matter how wide the blade is as I will be taking the front post off.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-X-Broadheads...3ccd1ea2f9

You could of course use longer bolts that allow a three bladed broadhead to be used, but you will find you lose a lot more speed from the bolt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Armex Tomcat MKII 80lb crossbow pistol review - by Tartar Horde - 18 April 2013, 11:53