Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armex Tomcat MKII 80lb crossbow pistol review
18 April 2013, 22:36, (This post was last modified: 18 April 2013, 22:40 by Tonka.)
RE: Armex Tomcat MKII 80lb crossbow pistol review
Yes it's difficult to string, I'm built like my name suggests, but it still took me a while to do it. It doesn't have to be done often though. I bent the prod between my knees and popped it on. Kind of like a thigh-master bow press!
It would be a shame to send it back just for that. I think it's as much technique as strength... probably. I live a bit far off to give you a hand I'm afraid, but I'm sure you'll get it strung. Good luck.

(18 April 2013, 10:24)Tartar Horde Wrote: In the last few days I have shot at least a few hundred bolts out of this little crossbow at a measured 10yds. The Achilles heel on this weapon is the quality of ammunition that is generally available. I purchased 15 bolts at first and started testing them in batches of 5. Out of those 15 bolts I found only 9 to be within acceptable tolerances regarding flying true and quality of build. There are two problems with the bolts available, 1 is the fletchings used. These tend to deform and do not always return to true straightness, and the points on the bolts tend to be crimped on allowing them to rattle a little bit. The fletchings are not a problem to cure as I have put some Turkey fletchings on them which you will have to cut down to size (no problem here). I have found some 6.5 inch bolts that have screw in points which would allow the fitting of two blade broadheads (three blade won't work) but I reckon you would have to use 100grain.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-X-6-5-Pisto...43b7bb0fe7

Yes, those are the bolts you linked to are my preference. I recommend you try them. I have not experimented with broadheads yet, but what you say makes sence.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Armex Tomcat MKII 80lb crossbow pistol review - by Tonka - 18 April 2013, 22:36