Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
surviving bomb blasts
18 April 2013, 09:02,
surviving bomb blasts
http://shtfschool.com/violence/surviving-bomb-blasts/
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 April 2013, 09:19,
RE: surviving bomb blasts
gives you a pretty good idea of the situation ..... how i`d react i`m not sure.
i know that these kind of attacks really anger me Angry
18 April 2013, 09:51,
i think my first reaction if i survived and wasnt injured would be to get the hell out of there in case there were other bombs planted, also by getting out i would be one less body for the emergency services to worry about.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 April 2013, 17:39,
It's not necessarily just bombs. A fertilizer plant north of Waco Texas blew up this morning, showing a 2.2 on the Richter scale. Not terrorism, just an industrial accident, but quite a few, including firemen and EMTs injured and some casualties. You might want to take note of any companies near you that have the potential to explode and widen your awareness and plans accordingly.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
18 April 2013, 17:44,
(18 April 2013, 17:39)Jonas Wrote: It's not necessarily just bombs. A fertilizer plant north of Waco Texas blew up this morning, showing a 2.2 on the Richter scale. Not terrorism, just an industrial accident, but quite a few, including firemen and EMTs injured and some casualties. You might want to take note of any companies near you that have the potential to explode and widen your awareness and plans accordingly.

thats is why we left Somerset when there were plans to build a 3rd nuclear power plant less than 15 miles from where we lived, we now live in a small rural market town, where the worst businesses are a small 2 pump filling station 1 mile away, a couple of car repair places, an abattoir(slaughterhouse) on the other side of town and a dog biscuit wholesaler!
18 April 2013, 18:26,
I have experienced this situation from just outside an explosive blast and within one, both on the streets of Ireland

The bombing of Belfast's Bus Station, we were patrolling in land rovers when we heard the blast, we [and other units we tasked to go see ],.. its hard to describe a bomb scene it never looked like anything I had seen in films,.. but more than that, its not just what your eyes see, its also the noise, and the smell,... all your senses are almost overwelmed,.. nothing seem in place, everything is a jumble, the ground is covered in metal anything light was blown against walls, including the clothing people were wearing, heat is also an issue two buses were still burning, but maybe ten others blown out of shape, some upright some on the side,..and some you didnt know which way up they were

The smell,.. cordite, smoke, rubber, blood,... it is hard to go into something like that without covering your mouth and nose

Noise,... horns going off, the roar of flames, people shouting, and people screaming, no film star can ever imitate or act out a REAL scream, it turns your guts,... people who were able to move wanted out, but couldn't, they didn't know how to get out, they didn't know their names where they were, who they were, they were deaf, they couldn't see,.. they crawled in every direction simply because its a reaction to move

...and yet amongst all that, there are some that were just standing or sitting still, not moving a muscle just staring into space,..shocked to the core

There were over a hundred people in that bus station, none were normal that day

I ended that day, putting body parts into black plastic bin bags,... something you dont forget

what this, click the main picture
http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/events/bloo...t#p00wbd57
A major part of survival is invisibility.
26 April 2013, 09:16,
Was ambushed at the back of that damned bus station...

26 April 2013, 18:37,
Never experienced anything like that HL ......and never want to .....don't know how I would react , nothing can prepare you for something like that.... brings home what our guys and gals go through in war zones, how can anyone come to terms and reconcile that, bloody impossible , even with time
26 April 2013, 20:21,
The reason there is so much chaos and panic is that the bombers pick soft target to create panic and confusion.

How would you react?

Depends on the size of the device, where it is placed, how far you are from it and it you are injured. Lots of factors and you often have no control over your reaction.

Bombs create concussion, concussion scrambes your brain.

I once was inside a command post bunker that took a direct hit from a Russian 82mm mortar round. It was a well built bunker and still collapsed on us.

I did not have a scratch on me but both ears were bleeding, I was completely addled and remained that way for several days. Some say I am still addled.!

I do know that my ears have been ringing for 40 years and I say "what did you say?" a great deal.

I also have a scar on my leg from shrapnel that exploded more than 200 yards from my position! I am sure that if it had hit me in the head rather than the leg I would be dead. Now that one pi$$ed me off!

You never know what you are goin gto do until the situation arises. Better just count on crapping you pants and squeeling like a little girl as you run away. I have seen well trained soldiers do that.

I have also seen hard core athiests pray like Jesuits and promise their lives to missionary service while cowered in the fetal position.
26 April 2013, 20:24,
Its training that makes the difference in most cases
A major part of survival is invisibility.