Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making Voice Radio Communications Easier...
22 April 2013, 19:59, (This post was last modified: 22 April 2013, 20:17 by Jack.)
RE: Making Voice Radio Communications Easier...
Great idea sharing this Jonas thank you, Highlander is right to point out though that in the UK some of the pronunciation would be incorrect and for us in the uk a bad habit to get into early on.

Highlander, where you a railway signalman or army?

Also a practice worth while when operating a radio and one that's standard in the UK for relaying messages is to never use the "over and out" saying (lads I trained with had that beaten out of them, I learned through their example!) but instead state that "end of message, please repeat" to have the person repeat back message.
If you are receiving the message "please put the toilet seat down when your mothers visiting" and you only received the beginning part of the message ask "repeat from - please put the toilet".

Also the three "tions" identification qualification and situation.

Eg:

Bad example "oh my god some kids just been hit by van I can help what do I do?"

Good example of all mentioned:

Jack "your speaking to Jack, I'm a paramedic, I have a child with me that's been involved in a traffic accident, I need assistance, please repeat my message back"

Operator "hello jack your a paramedic and your with someone that's been in an accident"

Jack "no that is incorrect. I am jack I am a paramedic and I am with a CHILD that has been involved in a TRAFFIC accident, please repeat my last message"

This type of communication eliminates mistakes and though sounds more long winded saves time-lives in the long run by having all parties involved informed of all the facts and so ready to react appropriately.

You tell them who you are so they can identify with whome they have been speaking.
You tell them your qualification regardless of situation, in the railway/military this is done as the operator will no what your limitations and experience are to your role (paramedic is obvious, the bird that fetches your sandwiches on the train is trained in emergency first aid, emergency evacuation, fire etc etc.... Tell them what you are/do!
Situation: where are you, are their dangers? For example; if the roads collapsed, house on fire, etc etc...
Details are important to get across, the art is in getting them across without wasting time.
It is my belief that to be prepared information must be deseminated and distributed as quickly as possible to those that have the ability to teach and deliver those lessons they learn
Those that can not teach must be taught to act that can not act must be protected that would mock ignore and harm be addressed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Making Voice Radio Communications Easier... - by Jack - 22 April 2013, 19:59