Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Camo are you rocking?
24 April 2013, 09:39,
What Camo are you rocking?
Hi everyone

Quick question, as I usually say.

What camo are you rocking?

What with all this talk of people buying and wearing camo clothing, and the thread about homegrown militia, coupled with the idea of standardising gear (maybe even clothing 'uniforms') it got me thinking whether anyone is working in a group and standardising their camo with their other team members? Also what colours you're going for?

In 'Patriots' by Rawles, he says about how everyone was wearing the same camo pattern and that they all wore a non-US standard of camp, that wasn't easy to get hold of, as a way to check whose on their side and who isn't, from a quick glance.

Is anyone else working this angle and if so, what are you wearing?

Personally, I'm going with a 90% black coloration scheme. But am considering getting desert gear and jungle, and every other pattern going....VERY SLOWLY though.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
24 April 2013, 09:43, (This post was last modified: 24 April 2013, 09:44 by Metroyeti.)
RE: What Camo are you rocking?
Only camo clothing I own is german issue, its cheap and practical. Got a shirt and a parka. I have somedark green combats because thwy were part of my uniform for a job last year. got as many sets as I could,they were free Big Grin

#combat trousers
24 April 2013, 09:51,
british issue DPM when i go hunting
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
24 April 2013, 10:17,
I do own a dpm jacket and a norgie top but that’s it, I don’t wear them often enough to justify owning them to be honest.
Is there such a thing as `urban camo`, that makes you blend in with all the other plebs ?
That what I wear ….hoodys, jeans, baseball cap(sometimes to keep the baldy warmish)
I cant even remember the last time I bought clothes Exclamation
I do try to wear a decent pair of boots though.

maybe i should be looking into some kind of camo Exclamation
24 April 2013, 11:04,
standard camo design on jackets, hoodies etc, i've got one big jacket which has the newer design on it but all the rest are the older normal camo type.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 April 2013, 11:28,
I've various camo outfits. The one I wore at the camping weekend was a Jack Pyke one. I also have various 'standard' camo outfits as well as some military type as Scythe is talking about. Next up will be an urban camo outfit like they use in Iraq.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
24 April 2013, 11:48,
Camo is for quitters, I'm using this approach "put the fear of being eaten into people" this will keep the fookers awayBig Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xebPHJ2LmCQ
24 April 2013, 11:52,
(24 April 2013, 11:48)Tartar Horde Wrote: Camo is for quitters, I'm using this approach "put the fear of being eaten into people" this will keep the fookers awayBig Grin

ok for the forest, bit cold for around here!Big Grin mind you the way i look puts off most people anyway, cross between ZZ Top and Hagrid(Robbie Coltrane in Harry Potter)Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 April 2013, 11:58,
living in a more urban setting, I stay away from camo clothing. I have lots of tan, light grey, dark grey, blue, and black. Wearing camo in a urban setting attracts way too much attention and makes you appear threatening.
24 April 2013, 12:01,
(24 April 2013, 11:52)bigpaul Wrote:
(24 April 2013, 11:48)Tartar Horde Wrote: Camo is for quitters, I'm using this approach "put the fear of being eaten into people" this will keep the fookers awayBig Grin

ok for the forest, bit cold for around here!Big Grin mind you the way i look puts off most people anyway, cross between ZZ Top and Hagrid(Robbie Coltrane in Harry Potter)Tongue

Sorry Scythe, seriously though I normally wear a DPM jacket, but have sown little loops of cotton into the fabric so I can attach leaves, grass etc to break outline more, i always wear a Face veil that I can attach stuff to as well. It makes DPM (which is made to fool humans not animals!!) more suited to hunting animals. I don't still stalk much, I prefer the concealed ambush.