Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black widow sling
20 November 2011, 18:44,
Black widow sling
Remember the original Black widow sling ? they were mean and legal and still about today to buy .
Nice and quiet and a ball bearing at 50-100 foot will do some real damage ,Young and stupid I was dusting the new plastic type bus shelters (after they removed the glass ones Big Grin )at 100 foot ,BANG straight through.
And the kidders can use them easy to go and hunt

Watch your six
20 November 2011, 19:08,
RE: Black widow sling
(20 November 2011, 18:44)Twoesme Wrote: Remember the original Black widow sling ? they were mean and legal and still about today to buy .
Nice and quiet and a ball bearing at 50-100 foot will do some real damage ,Young and stupid I was dusting the new plastic type bus shelters (after they removed the glass ones Big Grin )at 100 foot ,BANG straight through.
And the kidders can use them easy to go and hunt

Yes 38 calibre steel ball bearings work well at bagging bunnies and pigeon at close range, I had one for years but only very recently found out that you dont hold a slingshot vertically like a Y, you are supposed to hold it so the back of your hand points up and the slingshot is on its side -< style

20 November 2011, 22:06,
Didn't know that either ! feels like a better aim holding it the old way
Watch your six
20 November 2011, 22:36,
I didnt either but apparently its far more accurate to turn it on its side and aim along the upper band rather than sight between the bands when its upright.

21 November 2011, 05:23,
Here is a good video backs up what you have heard NR well worth a look.