Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After the apocalypse ??
24 April 2013, 18:00,
After the apocalypse ??
maybe this is how everything will look after the fires and the looting and the dying, ash and debris everywhere. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...lleux.html
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 April 2013, 19:00, (This post was last modified: 24 April 2013, 19:14 by Straight Shooter.)
RE: After the apocalypse ??
Oh yeah that reminds me, what's happened in NK ....not been in the news......Boston has though, no connection there then....wonder what's being cooked up for next week and where ? not the UK s turn is it ?

I mean we are due.....you know....giant tele tubbies kill wombbles in surprise Wimbledon attack ....complete lock down of London... Boris asks for calm and vows he will personally get em armed with a crossbow he bought off someone called Sid on the internet .....with 6 free bolts
24 April 2013, 20:02,
Its kinda cool seeing nature reclaim what was abandoned. A few years ago there was a documentry about if humans fanished and how nature came back with skyscrappers were small eco systems and cats evolved. really interesting.
24 April 2013, 22:06,
i think ive been there in a previous life on holiday

doh must have call of duty series
25 April 2013, 09:27,
Very daunting pictures and the scientists sayning that the area will not be safe to live in for another 20,000 years.
25 April 2013, 10:01,
To be honest BP there won't be anyone around to see this happen in UK, all the Nuclear power stations will melt down in a serious crash and flood britain with levels of radiation that will kill most of the life here, leaving it an irradiated wasteland for the next twenty thousand years. any total collapse of the infrastructure is a death sentence for us here as we can't escape the contamination. Chernobyl was bad enough with one reactor going critical, imagine what it would be like with all the uk reactors going critical, we are talking an extinction event for the british Isles that will take eons to heal.
25 April 2013, 11:47,
It's interesting that not many of the buildings have actually crashed and crumbled. They mostly seem rigid and strong (not those that were hit by the explosion directly though).
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
25 April 2013, 13:13,
(25 April 2013, 10:01)Tartar Horde Wrote: To be honest BP there won't be anyone around to see this happen in UK, all the Nuclear power stations will melt down in a serious crash and flood britain with levels of radiation that will kill most of the life here, leaving it an irradiated wasteland for the next twenty thousand years. any total collapse of the infrastructure is a death sentence for us here as we can't escape the contamination. Chernobyl was bad enough with one reactor going critical, imagine what it would be like with all the uk reactors going critical, we are talking an extinction event for the british Isles that will take eons to heal.
yeah but that is a nuclear accident, what happens if its just no one around to work them-do they just shut down or do they melt down?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 April 2013, 14:08,
(25 April 2013, 13:13)bigpaul Wrote:
(25 April 2013, 10:01)Tartar Horde Wrote: To be honest BP there won't be anyone around to see this happen in UK, all the Nuclear power stations will melt down in a serious crash and flood britain with levels of radiation that will kill most of the life here, leaving it an irradiated wasteland for the next twenty thousand years. any total collapse of the infrastructure is a death sentence for us here as we can't escape the contamination. Chernobyl was bad enough with one reactor going critical, imagine what it would be like with all the uk reactors going critical, we are talking an extinction event for the british Isles that will take eons to heal.
yeah but that is a nuclear accident, what happens if its just no one around to work them-do they just shut down or do they melt down?
They will all melt down BP. If the electric goes off they will run on back up generators that will keep the Fuel Rod coolant tank water cold and moving. Once the back up stops the water will stop being cooled surrounding the fuel rods, and it will boil off exposing the fuel rods to the air, the fuel rods will burn at thousands of degrees spewing out lethal doses of radiation into surrounding area and atmosphere. This will happen at all nuclear power plants if the power stops the cooling pumps.
You just have to look at the distribution of them, and use the Chernobyl model to plot the area of effect one nuclear plant can have, and do that for a map of the UK for every nuclear plant. The results will frighten the FCK out of you mate.
25 April 2013, 14:21,
(25 April 2013, 14:08)Tartar Horde Wrote:
(25 April 2013, 13:13)bigpaul Wrote:
They will all melt down BP. If the electric goes off they will run on back up generators that will keep the Fuel Rod coolant tank water cold and moving. Once the back up stops the water will stop being cooled surrounding the fuel rods, and it will boil off exposing the fuel rods to the air, the fuel rods will burn at thousands of degrees spewing out lethal doses of radiation into surrounding area and atmosphere. This will happen at all nuclear power plants if the power stops the cooling pumps.
You just have to look at the distribution of them, and use the Chernobyl model to plot the area of effect one nuclear plant can have, and do that for a map of the UK for every nuclear plant. The results will frighten the FCK out of you mate.
i asked as i didnt and dont know anything about nuclear reactors...i just know i dont like them. my nearest one is Hinckley Point in Somerset quite a way away from me and the prevailing wind is AWAY from me.... i've got a map of blast sites someone did on the site a while ago and i believe i am out of the initial danger area.