Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of my crossbows
21 November 2011, 03:12,
One of my crossbows
I would like to introduce you all to a crossbow it is called Tenpoint GT Flex, it is a real hunters crossbow but with a difference which I will explain now.

1: it has big game "zombies" killing power at draw weight 180lbs fps 300.

2: it has big game "zombies to medium at draw weight 125lbs fps 265.

3: it has small game to medium and again at close range "zombies" 90lbs fps 175.

First of all it is a Recurve less to go wrong in shtf when getting our kit fixed it not an option, it is unique in that it can be set to the above three pounds 90/125/180lbs it does this by allowing the bow head to slide down or up the shaft lower down equal less lbs.

The bow for me was bought because I wanted something younger members i.e. my kids could use if something went bad for me, at 90lb all but one of my kids can load this bow, and the one that cannot is 7 year old.

I also wanted speed loading if need be, now I know for a fact even set at the 90lb which is not too hard to pull back cock, that it will still have decent range and stopping power, also if I was ill and alone with this bow I have more chance pulling 90lb then the 180lb which I might add is VERY hard to pull.

I have a few crossbows two bought from UK dealers and they claim to be 150lbs "Jackal Rifle Crossbow" I am sure most have seen these on net for around £100 mark even cheaper, well just to give some insight at 90lb setting on my ten point it feels at least twice as hard to cock as it is with my so called UK supplied 150lbs.

And when I shoot the 90lb the bolts really hit so much harder than my 150lb Jackal Rifle Crossbow ones, don't misunderstand me the cheaper 150lb bows are ok for close defence just really don't bet your life on one at distance greater than 30/ 40 feet.

http://www.crossbows4u.co.uk/#/gt-flex/4531118816

21 November 2011, 15:22,
RE: One of my crossbows
Nice bit of kit
Watch your six
21 November 2011, 15:34,
Excellent post, So

How many extra strings do you keep
Can you keep it strung for a long time in standby
How many bolts do you plan on keeping
How wide is it compared to a compound
Again thanks for sharing

21 November 2011, 17:55, (This post was last modified: 21 November 2011, 18:07 by Nemesis.)
I am fitting a stove into my chimney so will get back to this thread later tonight or this week, also I want to introduce you all to a more compact fold up covert crossbow I own.
(21 November 2011, 17:55)WetandCold Wrote: I am fitting a stove into my chimney so will get back to this thread later tonight or this week, also I want to introduce you all to a more compact fold up covert crossbow I own.

Having a cup of tea so got 10 mins spare.

How many extra strings do you keep (for this bow none I need to import maybe 2)

Can you keep it strung for a long time in standby (the string on it is very good and I was told I can leave it strung long term, but me as a person I tend to unstring my bows)

How many bolts do you plan on keeping (I take the 5th, but I do make my own)

How wide is it compared to a compound (depends on the compound, all I can offer is when strung it is 35 inch, its more than fine for English country side or even home use, but compound takes the edge when it comes to covert, good question)

22 November 2011, 03:47, (This post was last modified: 22 November 2011, 04:06 by Nemesis.)
[Image: boomslang3.jpg]

Boomslang Recon

A totally different crossbow design based on army recon weapons, this is very similar to the old and very popular Delta Storm from Barnett. The folding limbs and retractable skeleton stock make this the ideal portable crossbow. Powerful and compact this crossbow can also be used one handed as a pistol. If you need something powerful, compact and deadly accurate the Boomslang is the crossbow for you.

The Boomslang is ideal for multi use and has been used for mountain rescue and tree climbing. Very few crossbows are as portable as the Boomslang making it ideal for survival and camping.

Draw Weight: 120lb
Velocity: 220 fps
Weight: 4.5kg

Range: 60m
Length: 54cm

Stock: Metal

Prod: Fibreglass

Good powerful crossbow this, it folds nice and has folding stock, it ticks all the boxes apart from one that being weight it’s just too heavy, but I have looked at it and I am sure I could cut away quite a lot of this weight if need be.

This might be of interest here not sure, I buy these cheap bolts small ones the type made for 50/80lb crossbows and they really back a punch in my boomslang and other crossbows.

they have to be this type in the pic, notice the back is flat and round and fitted on to the allow shaft, you must pull that off and fill with lead, sand, shot whatever, the point can be grinded to a better penetrating shape.

The correct bolts.

[Image: lmMqm7FYR4ADforbUUbzQqX91.jpg]

Below the wrong type.

[Image: 0Gw9dbohWLOr8TufC1eYpUlyx.jpg]

Extra weight and sharper head really packs a punch.

I want to add I only do this mod for home use on my back garden range.

I found a pic I took a while back of one modded.

[Image: 331lz5d.jpg]
22 November 2011, 11:58,
Looked at the right and wrong types and don't see that much difference. I think I have a mixture myself.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 November 2011, 12:24, (This post was last modified: 22 November 2011, 12:29 by NorthernRaider.)
I've got the Armex Trueflights and the standard Barnett bolts both 6.5 inches and they work fine so far !!!!
[Image: 6252870195]
(22 November 2011, 12:24)NorthernRaider Wrote: I've got the Armex Trueflights and the standard Barnett bolts both 6.5 inches and they work fine so far !!!!

I cant fathom out how to post images !!!
But this is a snap of my pistol bow as it is.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43478117@N00/6252870195/

22 November 2011, 13:04,
You can't pull the end caps off the wrong type Skean, so won't be able to fill the shaft to add weight to dart.
22 November 2011, 13:43, (This post was last modified: 22 November 2011, 13:52 by Skvez.)
(22 November 2011, 13:04)WetandCold Wrote: You can't pull the end caps off the wrong type Skean, so won't be able to fill the shaft to add weight to dart.

Hey W & C how the heck have your preps got so well developed and advanced, you must be two or three years ahead of me since we last chatted on the earlier forums, did ya win the bloody lottery or what ?
Smile

BTW doesnt the Boomslang need special bolts ???