Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of my crossbows
22 November 2011, 03:47, (This post was last modified: 22 November 2011, 04:06 by Nemesis.)
RE: One of my crossbows
[Image: boomslang3.jpg]

Boomslang Recon

A totally different crossbow design based on army recon weapons, this is very similar to the old and very popular Delta Storm from Barnett. The folding limbs and retractable skeleton stock make this the ideal portable crossbow. Powerful and compact this crossbow can also be used one handed as a pistol. If you need something powerful, compact and deadly accurate the Boomslang is the crossbow for you.

The Boomslang is ideal for multi use and has been used for mountain rescue and tree climbing. Very few crossbows are as portable as the Boomslang making it ideal for survival and camping.

Draw Weight: 120lb
Velocity: 220 fps
Weight: 4.5kg

Range: 60m
Length: 54cm

Stock: Metal

Prod: Fibreglass

Good powerful crossbow this, it folds nice and has folding stock, it ticks all the boxes apart from one that being weight it’s just too heavy, but I have looked at it and I am sure I could cut away quite a lot of this weight if need be.

This might be of interest here not sure, I buy these cheap bolts small ones the type made for 50/80lb crossbows and they really back a punch in my boomslang and other crossbows.

they have to be this type in the pic, notice the back is flat and round and fitted on to the allow shaft, you must pull that off and fill with lead, sand, shot whatever, the point can be grinded to a better penetrating shape.

The correct bolts.

[Image: lmMqm7FYR4ADforbUUbzQqX91.jpg]

Below the wrong type.

[Image: 0Gw9dbohWLOr8TufC1eYpUlyx.jpg]

Extra weight and sharper head really packs a punch.

I want to add I only do this mod for home use on my back garden range.

I found a pic I took a while back of one modded.

[Image: 331lz5d.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
One of my crossbows - by Nemesis - 21 November 2011, 03:12
RE: One of my crossbows - by Twoesme - 21 November 2011, 15:22
RE: One of my crossbows - by NorthernRaider - 21 November 2011, 15:34
RE: One of my crossbows - by Nemesis - 21 November 2011, 17:55
RE: One of my crossbows - by Nemesis - 22 November 2011, 03:47
RE: One of my crossbows - by Skean Dhude - 22 November 2011, 11:58
RE: One of my crossbows - by NorthernRaider - 22 November 2011, 12:24
RE: One of my crossbows - by Nemesis - 22 November 2011, 13:04
RE: One of my crossbows - by NorthernRaider - 22 November 2011, 13:43