Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phase or transitional bug out location
1 May 2013, 13:57,
Phase or transitional bug out location
Part of a post I wrote on the main forum I hadn't thought of as an actual step until just writing...
Your home location should be option one in where your going to stay post event. If things get very bad you have your rural or secondary off the grid option (I'm speaking traditionally here, obviously our plans vary).
But in my plans I have somewhere near my home location, stocked with emergency bits and bobs that I can retreat to if my bug in is compromised. Has anyone else thought of a phased/transitional location?
It is my belief that to be prepared information must be deseminated and distributed as quickly as possible to those that have the ability to teach and deliver those lessons they learn
Those that can not teach must be taught to act that can not act must be protected that would mock ignore and harm be addressed.
1 May 2013, 14:02,
RE: Phase or transitional bug out location
Ive put my name down for a council allotment, long waiting list though, be nice if i can grow some veg etc, and stash a bike trailer loaded with a BOB etc. maybe disguised as a plant stand, with the wheels taken off, and stashed inside a potting shed, or under a large plant pot.
1 May 2013, 14:14,
Allotment shed is a good one Franc, iv got a large young family to consider so I need the space a garage provides but if this is not an issue an allotment could provide better for a solo or couples transitional escape to BOL
It is my belief that to be prepared information must be deseminated and distributed as quickly as possible to those that have the ability to teach and deliver those lessons they learn
Those that can not teach must be taught to act that can not act must be protected that would mock ignore and harm be addressed.
1 May 2013, 16:32,
allotment sheds do tend to get broken into around here and if food is geting short then allotments are going to get hit

if your doing stores at an allotment I'd be think about caching underground in sealed barrels then popping the shed on top .... just make sure that it not a growing area that will be dug over
1 May 2013, 16:38,
theres a 2 year wait for a council allotment, better than the 5 year wait for a house though.
1 May 2013, 16:40,
only 2 years that's not bad compared to most places

but once you get an allotment don't store stuff in sheds ..... allotments tend to be out of the way and after dark it's easy for some one to go from shed to shed looking for stuff to sell
1 May 2013, 16:47,
Bloody hell when I was in Stevenage the council offices told me not to bother in 2009, so say a ten year plus wait!
There's lots of options with transitional bug outs, we've spoke about garages and allotments but there's also storage lock ups and other small rented storage spaces.
If you where in close proximity to trusted friends or other like minded preppers you are incorporating into your own plans it wouldn't be a stretch to split the rent on a very small double garage sized budget office space. You could put down on paper that your the central uk survival headquarters... Just whack a pc and a desk in there for effect lol!
1 May 2013, 17:09,
Im in desperate need for a decent bol, know a few buildings for a tempory time but nothing I would consider a pernament safe zone or somewere to grow crops. If its a pandemic im stealing a boat
1 May 2013, 17:29,
how about an abandoned lighthouse? several marked on the coastal maps. be a goodish place to ride out a pandemic, just need to get enough food stored.
1 May 2013, 18:40,
Pandemic is something that will be a lottery unless you live remote like HL or BP

If your in a city or town work in a factory or office or have contact with the general public then you could be exposed to the virus and never know who it was

Travel is to easy being cheap and fast with the global flight taking 24 hours to get to the other side of the planet ......if incubation is 2 days or longer then it will spread fast