Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
survival fishing.
4 May 2013, 13:59,
survival fishing.
http://www.prepper-resourses.com/survival-fishing/
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 May 2013, 00:22,
RE: survival fishing.
http://www.prepper-resources.com/survival-fishing/
5 May 2013, 12:09,
are you taking the wee-wee?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 May 2013, 12:46, (This post was last modified: 5 May 2013, 12:49 by Metroyeti.)
Nope the link you posted didnt work on my phone wich is odd as its identical to the one I googled

Recently went coarse fishing you would be amazed what you can catch on the smallest hooks. Im used to sea fishing so also the size of your line can affect your fishing.
5 May 2013, 12:50,
must be your phone then, it worked fine on my laptop!
5 May 2013, 13:21, (This post was last modified: 5 May 2013, 13:21 by Grumpy Grandpa.)
Think he might be right BP. Yours didn't work for me either (on home PC).

Thanks for it though. Useful stuff!

5 May 2013, 13:40,
interesting, the first link does not work at this end, the second link does, but in the source both are identical
5 May 2013, 14:53,
You have some excellent shore and rock fishing in Devon BP, with a lot of species to harvest, ya can't beat a feed of fish. Not forgetting all the Clams, winkles etc.
5 May 2013, 15:12,
(5 May 2013, 14:53)Tartar Horde Wrote: You have some excellent shore and rock fishing in Devon BP, with a lot of species to harvest, ya can't beat a feed of fish. Not forgetting all the Clams, winkles etc.

yeah, done a lot of sea fishing off piers and rocks when i lived in Plymouth, havent done any since we moved here...too far from the coast(we're right in the middle of the Devon countryside) and even if i went its all high cliffs with no way down!
5 May 2013, 19:24,
Always check your local game laws.

I found long ago that anything that is PROHIBITED is usually the best and most efficient means of collecting game or fish.

Game laws are written to make collection of any species as difficult as possible to improve the chance of the species not the success rate of the hunter/fisherman.

Here in the states the game and fish people have some real nice boats with electrodes that hang in the water powered by car batteries. A quick jolt and every fish for yards around comes floating to the surface, not dead, just stunned. They get a quick count of population density and species and in a few moments the fish are on their way.

A resourceful person could have a day of food for the family in only a few moments with a car battery charged by a solar panel.

I also know that fish weirs have been used on small streams since prehistory in North America, Europe and GB. I have mapped several in the streams of east TN back when I was a student. They are a most efficient means of food gathering. I have read of North American Indian children going upstream from a weir and one person standing with a basket at the end of the weir. The children simply chase the fish into the basket. Even children and old people can keep a good supply of food using these methods.

In many societies the children between 6-12 contribute most of the meat protein to the pot while roaming about at play, fishing and collecting chance small game, while the adults are working the fields. The true meaning of "foraging".

I know this was true during the Great Depression of the 1930s. My FIL often talked about having baked robins and potatoes for a meal. The robins were killed with their catapults since they could not afford shells for the guns.

BTW, he spent a year in GB during the war and was very attached to the family he was billeted with, staying in communication with them until his death in 1997.