Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back Pain
8 May 2013, 21:10,
Back Pain
Not strictly prepping, but certainly done in my garden. I've done my back in (ouch, ouch!). Anyone got any recommendations for a very speedy recovery? I've got a lot to get through and this is really ticking me off!

Ta
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
8 May 2013, 21:13,
RE: Back Pain
It depends what you have done to your back, but warm compresses (or a bath) are generally quite good to help lower back aches
8 May 2013, 21:15,
I was daft enough to thrust my fork into the ground and hit a hard patch. It jarred! I'm normally very careful.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
8 May 2013, 21:30,
Ibuprofen, hot bath and a good nights sleep
9 May 2013, 05:02,
Lots of experience with back pain here.

Three surgeries and final diagnosis of degerative disk disease.

The best over the counter thing I have found is Naproxen.

I also use an electric heat pad where it hurts.

I also have a massage unit for my chair.

After taking the naproxen, warming up the heat pad and settling into the massage chair two ounces of good single malt usually smooth's things out nicely. Sometimes you are still hurting but you just don't care!

If you have a caring significant-other whining pitifully and being waited on hand and foot lifts the spirits greatly even if it does nothing for the pain.
9 May 2013, 05:28,
I get back pain quite alot thanks to my job and the best things I have found is a hot bath. Or if your on the move. Deep heat spray and heat pads. But I have found heat pads to be expensive so I went to the pound shop and got hand warmer pads. I just tuck my shirt in and put one against my back. Twenty mins later and I'm fine. And the hand warders last ten hours.
9 May 2013, 08:37,
One reason why people injure their backs, possibly not why you injured your back, is because of weak abs. The lower back starts to compensate, and then pop....injured.

I screwed up my back pretty badly when I fell down a manhole, and landed with the corner of my back on the side of the manhole. I was pretty much paralysed for 2 weeks! A shower, with the water hitting your lower back acts as a massage to speed bloodflow and recovery to the area. Sleeping on the floor, on my back, helped a load as well, but getting up from the floor took a certain side roll technique! The floor sleep apparently helped realign the spine.

I was warned from too many painkillers, because I needed to guage how much my activity was hurting (and thus damaging) my back. So that really sucked! But I was allowed some strongish painkillers. Can't remember the name of them though, sorry.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
9 May 2013, 10:17,
sounds like you just jarred it. what area of your back hurts?
9 May 2013, 10:20,
hot bath and a hard mattress!! Ralgex also worked for me...found the cold type better than the hot.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 May 2013, 15:35,
I am with MB , single malt, then hot bath add glug of detol, then very large single malt, then off to bed ...firm mattress, take single malt with you just in case mary