Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glowstick alarm.
9 May 2013, 10:17,
Glowstick alarm.
http://survivormedic.com/2013/05/07/how-...ick-alarm/
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 May 2013, 11:08,
RE: Glowstick alarm.
not sure about that and the video is not exactly convincing but that could be down to the camera they are using

I guess this is something I should try out once I get some glow sticks (could be a while sodding car is eating my spare cash at the moment) and it's a simple enough system to try and if it works it could give early warning if your running patrols round a large area
9 May 2013, 11:24,
(9 May 2013, 11:08)I-K-E Wrote: not sure about that and the video is not exactly convincing but that could be down to the camera they are using

I guess this is something I should try out once I get some glow sticks (could be a while sodding car is eating my spare cash at the moment) and it's a simple enough system to try and if it works it could give early warning if your running patrols round a large area

i think it has its uses-just set the glowstick high enough that they(the intruders) cant rip it down once they've activated it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 May 2013, 12:12,
I'd rather have a load of cans on a string, that rattle when the string is caught.

Don't think a glowstick in the distance will really wake me up.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
9 May 2013, 12:19,
I was thinking more of a perimeter alarm assuming that you have people patrolling an large area you could use sound based alarms as a back up closer to home
9 May 2013, 12:26,
(9 May 2013, 11:08)I-K-E Wrote: not sure about that and the video is not exactly convincing but that could be down to the camera they are using

Not sure if this would be effective and in a larger area where you might have a night patrol on watch, it might be better if they set off one of those air horn things that you hear at football matches as the sound of them is quite startling to any would be intruders and would alert rest of the commune.
9 May 2013, 12:52,
you can get those personal attack alarm thingies in a £1 shop, i've got 4, put them up same way as the glowstick alarm (but without the mouse traps!).
9 May 2013, 21:23,
It could be useful if you have a cctv set up,.. most cctv`s dont have sound,.. so if this was caught on camera,... maybe ok, needs to have a bit more thought thrown into it
A major part of survival is invisibility.
9 May 2013, 21:27,
just quick thought ....

if you've got several sound alarms dotted around then if one went of you would have to spend time figuring out which one it was and you may not have that time. Could the glow stick system be coupled up to the sound alarms to make threat identification quicker?
10 May 2013, 10:30,
(9 May 2013, 21:27)I-K-E Wrote: just quick thought ....

if you've got several sound alarms dotted around then if one went of you would have to spend time figuring out which one it was and you may not have that time. Could the glow stick system be coupled up to the sound alarms to make threat identification quicker?

I think you'd just look to the direction from where the sound was coming from. If you hear a loud bang, you look in the direction you heard it in, right?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin