Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why cities will become lawless shortly after major event
9 May 2013, 14:54,
why cities will become lawless shortly after major event
http://codegreenprep.com/2012/05/why-cit...-23-event/

level 2/3 event is long lasting in nature with no help expected for those unfamiliar with the terminology.

articles goes into different stages after the event.
9 May 2013, 16:02,
RE: why cities will become lawless shortly after major event
And I thought we were all going to be friends!!

You have only got to look at the riots that started in Tottenham to see some 'people' are already animals just waiting for any - and I do mean any excuse to rob, steal, loot, kill....

Unfortunatly we live in a vastly over populated country with broken communities.
And people think we're the mentals!
9 May 2013, 16:41,
(9 May 2013, 16:02)MCavity Wrote: And I thought we were all going to be friends!!

You have only got to look at the riots that started in Tottenham to see some 'people' are already animals just waiting for any - and I do mean any excuse to rob, steal, loot, kill....

Unfortunatly we live in a vastly over populated country with broken communities.
And people think we're the mentals!

yep, couldnt have put it better myself!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 May 2013, 17:33,
I think this applies mainly to large cities. Folks in small towns (<2000) can get their like-minded neighbors together and secure things fairly well with a volunteer "neighborhood watch" and by blocking some access roads with junk cars, thus limiting the number of ways the bad guys can gain access to the town.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
9 May 2013, 17:52,
my town (pop 1,300) is split in two by a road and the river, you've got the main town with the shops, the garage and the market site on one side, and my housing estate and a small industrial estate on the other(half mile up the road), 1 road into my estate-(dead end) same road out again and 2 pedestrian paths..1 up top, 1 down the bottom, top one (nearest me) is 1 person wide past back fences, bottom one has bollards(steel posts set in the ground)stopping any vehicular use...
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 May 2013, 17:53,
(9 May 2013, 17:33)Jonas Wrote: I think this applies mainly to large cities. Folks in small towns (<2000) can get their like-minded neighbors together and secure things fairly well with a volunteer "neighborhood watch" and by blocking some access roads with junk cars, thus limiting the number of ways the bad guys can gain access to the town.

I agree with you Jonas, that would be ideal. small town definitely better than big city.
but just for the sake of argument: consider the average town of say 2000. How many of those folks are actually prepared for long term? if they all are that's great, but lets say only half are. that would mean half the population is going to be dependent on the others at least in the short term. So then one may be faced with the same frailties of human nature: greed and resentment.
9 May 2013, 18:02, (This post was last modified: 9 May 2013, 18:23 by bigpaul.)
(9 May 2013, 17:53)Rush2112 Wrote: I agree with you Jonas, that would be ideal. small town definitely better than big city.
but just for the sake of argument: consider the average town of say 2000. How many of those folks are actually prepared for long term? if they all are that's great, but lets say only half are. that would mean half the population is going to be dependent on the others at least in the short term. So then one may be faced with the same frailties of human nature: greed and resentment.
thats true, but if you've got a lower population in a small town then your in a good position to start with, and some of those people who have nothing will definitely leave to go to other family members houses in another area, some single mothers will always go running back to mummy in a disaster!
if you can keep your head down, watch your OPSEC and say nothing, starvation and disease should take care of the rest. hard faced you may say, but me and mine come first...after all thats who i'm prepping for-NOT the neighbours.

the more food you give away to "deserving causes" is less food for you and your family, you give away bit, by bit, by bit and eventually you are the ones who are starving, will those people then give you back some of your food? not on your nelly!
9 May 2013, 21:33,
This is why I believe in staying low for at least 90 days. Plugging your ears with metaphorical wax is what I am thinking; ignore those who have not prepared, fight them if you absolutely have to. Anyone left after 90 days will have survived the first round, indicating they have some sort of skill or talent that enabled them to survive, be that self sufficiency or pillaging.

Sadly we can't have a 15 prepper retreat armed with 308. battle rifles, ready to stand firm against the human wave that may come knocking. I don't envy city dwellers. How many people, even in smaller towns, are really able to manage? I doubt many will come together, what with everything being so close together.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
9 May 2013, 22:59,
agree with your assesment Tibbs. I was thinking along those lines too. stay outta site and wait for things to unfold. one of my biggest concerns, as the articale touches on, is the powers that be (TPTB) on a local level will attempt to impose their authority and confiscate what they want. dont think one will apease them by saying " we'll give what we can." in my opinion it will be more like " no we're (TPTB) taking everything and you will get your portions from us, after you fill out these forms in triplicate."
9 May 2013, 23:08,
Too Right! Requisition till there's nowt left!
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"