Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gonna attempt another North East RV...
15 May 2013, 21:53, (This post was last modified: 15 May 2013, 21:53 by RoadWarrior.)
RE: gonna attempt another North East RV...
Gonna sort some spare bits of kit and stuff that I won't be using like dutch army larg camo holdall (literally!!) Xbow pistol bolts ,spare prod etc , hats , camo backpack maybe more , small bags n things ..........all v cheap .....no cheques. LOL

Gonna sort some spare bits of kit and stuff that I won't be using like dutch army larg camo holdall (literally!!) Xbow pistol bolts ,spare prod etc , hats , camo backpack maybe more , small bags n things ..........all v cheap .....no cheques. LOL
16 May 2013, 09:38, (This post was last modified: 16 May 2013, 09:46 by Northumbriman.)
(14 May 2013, 23:47)RoadWarrior Wrote: At present Sunday 9th June seems to be the most popular day for the RV.

May also move the RV nearer Newcastle /Gateshead area.....as I want to find somewhere without 20 CCTV cameras,so I wont look suspect in my camo gear ...lol, and an area with a small walk maybe near a pub so we can park up or get off a bus at this area okay .

(16 May 2013, 09:38)Northumbriman Wrote:
(14 May 2013, 23:47)RoadWarrior Wrote: At present Sunday 9th June seems to be the most popular day for the RV.

May also move the RV nearer Newcastle /Gateshead area.....as I want to find somewhere without 20 CCTV cameras,so I wont look suspect in my camo gear ...lol, and an area with a small walk maybe near a pub so we can park up or get off a bus at this area okay .

As a suggestion for a location the Derwent valley walk and country park would be good just outside Gateshead. Great walks all round nice pub camo friendly and there are the red kites too.

As a suggestion for a location the Derwent valley walk and country park would be good just outside Gateshead. Great walks all round nice pub camo friendly and there are the red kites too.

An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
16 May 2013, 12:46,
is that Swalwell area ? by the rugby club ?? and im not really into flying kites mate sorry.
16 May 2013, 12:53,
Haha rw that comment had me stitches.

Red kites are huge, they have asix foot wing span
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson
16 May 2013, 13:05,
I had a barnstormer stunt kite about 33yrs ago and that had yellow as well as red....after the 1st time I took it out it went about 70feet up in the sky then stuka dive bombed into the green house in the garden 2 doors up ...the tail on it was okay but the man there didn't give me any of it back !!
16 May 2013, 19:12,
Just checked the location for Derwentside county park , near Swalwell/whickham . Does anyone have any probs getting to this area ??? It looks great area too ! RW.
16 May 2013, 22:28,
(16 May 2013, 12:46)RoadWarrior Wrote: is that Swalwell area ? by the rugby club ?? and im not really into flying kites mate sorry.

Yes that is the place...and the kites are of course red and they fly themselves!
If anyone is going to struggle finding the location we could arrange the meet at the metro centre then head up to the walk from there.good public transport links to the metro centre too. Anyone without a car can grab a lift.
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
17 May 2013, 00:07,
this is gonna be okay to get to, plus ,I too am bringing a car so cud meet on route no probs . I still need contact off other people wanting to go... I know Metroyeti is coming BUT who else is ????????????????
17 May 2013, 19:57,
(17 May 2013, 00:07)RoadWarrior Wrote: this is gonna be okay to get to, plus ,I too am bringing a car so cud meet on route no probs . I still need contact off other people wanting to go... I know Metroyeti is coming BUT who else is ????????????????

Have we got a definite date and location for the meet? I am up for it.
17 May 2013, 22:13,
yes mate we are going with the Sunday 9th june date at the location you suggested and will PM you the exact times, code word etc......RW

Have we got a definite date and location for the meet? I am up for it.
[/quote]